DBS (Doppler Beam Sharpening) imaging for scene matching terminal guidance is investigated. An echo simulation method for DBS of missile-borne radar that considers environmental factors is presented. The transmission signals of missile-borne radar are studied first. Next, the method for the modeling of the echo signals is discussed with consideration of environmental influences including the objects on the ground, radome and the seasonal variations, especially undulation of the ground. The status of the surface of the earth as well as internal elements of the radar will influence the precision of the height measurement, thereby indirectly influencing the image matching. Undulating terrain can also cause changes in the electromagnetic characteristics that lie in the translation of image points; in addition, there is a close relationship between the position offset and the altitude of the image area. The operation flow of DBS is provided together with the method of generating reference images. Finally, an optical image of an airport and the simulation results using echoes are presented for validation.
1. Liu, F., F. Zhao, Y. Deng, W. Yu, and J. Ai, "A new high resolution DBS imaging algorithm based on least squares linear fitting," Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, Vol. 33, No. 4, 787-791, 2011. doi:10.3724/SP.J.1146.2010.00681
2. Choi, S., J. Chun, I. Paek, and K. Yoo, "A new approach of FMCW-DBS altimeters for terrain-aided navigation," 4th Asia-Pacic Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar, 214-217, Tsukuba, Japan, Sep. 2013.
3. Chen, H., M. Li, Y. Lu, and Y. Wu, "DBS image stitching algorithm based on affine transformation," IET International Radar Conference, Xi'an, China, Apr. 2013.
4. Qiao, H. and J. Zhang, "Research on cruise missile alarm and defense system," Radio Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 2, 24-27, 2009.
5. Kang, X., G. Cheng, Y. Qiao, and S. Chen, "A terminal guidance law design applied to space-to-surface precision attack weapon," Journal of Solid Rocket Technology, Vol. 32, No. 2, 11-14, 2009.
6. Ye, Q. and Y. Cheng, "Impact of Terrain undulation on precision of radar scene matching," Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol. 9, No. 1, 106-111, 2005.
7. Yang, W., T. Zhang, X. Wang, and N. Sang, "Analysis of the hypsography influence on the positioning performance of radar scene matching," Infrared and Laser Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 3, 304-308, 2003.
8. Wang, H., Z. Zhao, Y. Cai, and W. Fang, "An efficient method improving the suitability of scene matching guidance images," Guidance and Fuze, Vol. 25, No. 4, 7-11, 2004.
9. Sang, N., X. Lu, and Z. Zuo, "The application of digital elevation information to radar scene matching," Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Vol. 32, No. 4, 102-104, 2004.
10. Chen, H., M. Li, Z. Wang, Y. Lu, S. Wang, L. Zuo, P. Zhang, and Y. Wu, "Super-resolution Doppler beam sharpening imaging via sparse representation," IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, Vol. 10, No. 3, 442-448, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2015.0094
11. Sorokin, A. K. and Y. G. Vazhenin, "Linear references detection by pulse altimeter with Doppler beam sharpening," IEEE 4th Asia-Pacic Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 556-557, Bali Island, Indonesia, Jun. 2015.
12. Zhou, X., Y. Huang, W. Li, Z. Li, and J. Yang, "DBS Doppler centroid estimation based on mutual information maximization," IET International Radar Conference, Hangzhou, China, Oct. 2015.