A compact microstrip diplexer based on dual closed loop stepped impedance resonator (DCLSIR) is proposed. The proposed microstrip diplexer is composed of the combination of two DCLSIR bandpass filters (BPFs), which are designed for X-band application. For the demonstration, a dual-channel diplexer has been designed and fabricated using microstrip and printed circuit board (PCB) technologies, respectively. The fabricated diplexer operating at 8.3/10 GHz for X-band application has compact size (15.17 mm x 2.69 mm). The measured results are in good agreement with the full-wave simulation results. Good isolation between two channels is achieved.
Salif Nabouna Dembele,
"Compact Microstrip Diplexer Based on Dual Closed Loop Stepped Impedance Resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 89, 233-241, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERC18110608
1. Yao, H. W., A. E. Abdelmonem, J. F. Liang, X. P. Liang, K. A. Zaki, and A. Martin, "Wide-band and ridge waveguide T-junctions for diplexer applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory. Tech., Vol. 41, 2166-2173, 1993. doi:10.1109/22.260702
2. Sirci, S., J. D. Martinez, J. Vague, and V. E. Boria, "Substrate integrated waveguide diplexer based on circular triplet combine filters," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, 430-432, 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2015.2427516
3. Li, K.-H., C.-W. Wang, and C.-F. Yang, "A miniaturized diplexer using planar artificial transmission lines for GSM/DCS applications," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-4, 2007.
4. Zhao, C., C. Fumeaux, and C. C. Lim, "Substrate-integrated waveguide diplexers with improved Y-junctions," Microwave. Op. Technol. Lett., Vol. 58, 1384-1388, 2016. doi:10.1002/mop.29807
5. King, T. S., A. T. Y. Ying, and S. H. Tiong, "A microstrip diplexer using folded hairpins," IEEE International RF and Microwave Conference, 226-229, 2011.
6. Tantiviwat, S., N. Intarawiset, and R. Jeenawong, "Wide-stopband, compact microstrip diplexer with common resonator using stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Tencon-Spring Conference, 174-177, 2013.
7. Chen, C.-F., T.-Y. Huang, C.-P. Chou, and R.-B. Wu, "Microstrip diplexers design with common resonator sections for compact size, but high isolation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 54, 1945-1952, 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.873613
8. Zhu, C., L. Yao, and J. Zhou, "Novel microstrip diplexer based on a dual-band bandpass filter for WLNA system," Asia-pacific Microwave Conference, 1102-1105, 2010.
9. Deng, P.-H., C.-H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, "Compact microstrip diplexer based on a dual-passband filter," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-5, 2006.
10. Choocadee, S., N. Intarawiset, and S. Tantiviwat, "Compact microstrip diplexer using triple-mode stub loaded resonators," IEEE MTT-S International Conference on Microwave for Intelligent Mobility, 9-12, 2017.
11. Liu, H., W. Xu, Z. Zhang, and X. Guan, "Compact diplexer using slotline resonator," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, 75-77, 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2238912
12. Baba, N. H., A. H. Awang, M. T. Ali, M. A. Aris, and H. M. Hizan, "Design of a SIW-based microstrip diplexer using TM010 circular cavity," Theory and Applications of Applied Electromagnetics, 71-79, 2016. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-30117-4_7
13. Chen, C. M., S. J. Chang, and C. F. Yang, "Fabrication of a novel diplexer using folded open-loop ring resonators and microstrip lines," ACES Journal, Vol. 29, 864-869, 2014.
14. Chinig, A., J. Zbitou, A. Errkik, A. Tajmouati, L. EI Abdellaoui, M. Latract, and A. Triback, "Microstrip diplexer using stepped impedance resonators," Wireless Personal Communication, Vol. 84, 2537-2548, 2015. doi:10.1007/s11277-015-2718-2
15. Peng, H. S. and Y. C. Chiang, "Microstrip diplexer constructed with new types of dual-mode ring filters," IEEE Microwave Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 25, 7-9, 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2014.2365740
16. Xue, Q. and J.-X. Chen, "Compact diplexer based on double-sided parallel-strip line," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, 123-124, 2008. doi:10.1049/el:20083117
17. Dembele, S. N., T. Zhang, J. Bao, and D. Bukuru, "Compact microstrip bandpass filter using dual closed-loop stepped impedance resonator," Int. J. Microw. Wirel. Technol., Vol. 10, 405-411, 2018. doi:10.1017/S1759078718000405
18. Huang, C.-Y., M.-H. Weng, C.-S. Ye, and Y.-X. Xu, "A high band isolation and wide stopband diplexer using dual-mode stepped-impedance resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 299-308, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER09112701
19. Ye, C.-S., Y.-K. Su, M.-H. Weng, and C.-Y. Hung, "A microstrip ring-like diplexer for Bluetooth and UWB application," Microw. Op. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 1518-1520, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24358
20. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Design of highly selective microstrip bandpass filters with a single pair of attenuation poles finite frequencies," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 48, 1098-1107, 2000. doi:10.1109/22.848492