Microwave technology has been widely used in rubber industry. In order to solve the problem of uneven temperature distribution, a novel control method of adaptive multi-dimensional Taylor network combined with Cuckoo Search is proposed in this paper. The adaptive multi-dimensional Taylor network control method is used to obtain the suitable output powers and phase difference under unknown system parameters. Cuckoo Search algorithm is utilized to optimize the whole situation and find the best fit input variables at sampling points. To verify the proposed control strategy, the dielectric permittivity of nitrile butadiene rubber composites is measured, and the control process is simulated based on measured values. The simulation results show that the proposed method can well control the temperature rising process with little difference between the average temperature and reference trajectory.
"Temperature Control of Rubber Composites by Adaptive Multi-Dimensional Taylor Network During Microwave Heating Process," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 92, 115-125, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERM20020402
1. Makul, N. and P. Rattanadecho, "Microwave pre-curing of natural rubber-compounding using a rectangular wave guide," International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 37, No. 7, 914-923, 2010.
2. Keangin, P., U. Narumitbowonkul, and P. Rattanadecho, "Analysis of temperature profile and electric field in natural rubber glove due to microwave heating: Effects of waveguide position," Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 297, No. 1, 12-37, 2018.
3. Sombatsompop, N. and C. Kumnuantip, "Comparison of physical and mechanical properties of NR/carbon black/reclaimed rubber blends vulcanized by conventional thermal and microwave irradiation methods," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 100, No. 6, 5039-5048, 2006.
4. Chen, H. L., et al., "Experimental study of temperature distribution in rubber material during microwave heating and vulcanization process," Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 53, No. 3, 1051-1060, 2017.
5. Chen, H. L., et al., "Experimental and numerical modeling research of rubber material during microwave heating process," Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1289-1300, 2018.
6. Chen, H. L., et al., "Experimental investigation of technological conditions and temperature distribution in rubber material during microwave vulcanization process," Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Vol. 130, No. 3, 2079-2091, 2017.
7. Landini, L., S. G. Araújo, A. B. Lugão, and H. Wiebeck, "Preliminary analysis to BIIR recovery using the microwave process," European Polymer Journal, Vol. 43, No. 6, 2725-2731, 2007.
8. Campañone, L. A. and N. E. Zaritzky, "Mathematical analysis of microwave heating process," Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 69, No. 3, 359-368, 2005.
9. Mishra, R. R. and A. K. Sharma, "Microwave-material interaction phenomena: Heating mechanisms, challenges and opportunities in material processing," Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, Vol. 81, 78-91, 2016.
10. Chandrasekaran, S., S. Ramanathan, and T. Basak, "Microwave material processing - A review," AIChE Journal, Vol. 58, No. 2, 330-363, 2012.
11. Agrawal, D., "Latest global developments in microwave materials processing," Materials Research Innovations, Vol. 14, No. 1, 3-8, 2010.
12. Huang, L. H. and J. Sites, "Automatic control of a microwave heating process for in-package pasteurization of beef frankfurters," Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 80, 226-233, 2007.
13. Akkari, E., S. Chevallier, and L. Boillereaux, "Global linearizing control of MIMO microwave-assisted thawing," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 17, No. 1, 39-47, 2009.
14. Li, J., et al., "Temperature control during microwave heating process by sliding mode neural network," Drying Technology, Vol. 34, No. 2, 215-226, 2016.
15. Li, J., et al., "Combining sliding mode neural network with Cuckoo Search to make a uniform microwave heating process," International Journal of Applied Electromagnetic and Mechanics, Vol. 49, No. 1, 61-77, 2015.
16. Han, Y. Q. and H. S. Yan, "Adaptive multi-dimensional Taylor network tracking control for SISO uncertain stochastic non-linear systems," IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 12, No. 8, 1107-1115, 2018.
17. Yan, H. S., Y. Q. Han, and Q. M. Sun, "Optimal output-feedback tracking of SISO stochastic nonlinear systems using multi-dimensional Taylor network," Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Vol. 40, No. 10, 3049-3058, 2018.
18. Han, Y. Q., "Adaptive tracking control of nonlinear systems with dynamic uncertainties using neural network," International Journal of Systems Science, Vol. 49, No. 7, 1391-1402, 2018.
19. Yan, H. S. and A. M. Kang, "Asymptotic tracking and dynamic regulation of SISO non-linear system based on discrete multi-dimensional Taylor network," IET Control Theory & Applications, Vol. 11, No. 10, 1619-1626, 2017.
20. Ayappa, K. G., et al., "Microwave heating: An evaluation of power formulations," Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 46, No. 4, 1005-1016, 1991.
21. Fabri, S. G. and V. Kadirkamanathan, Functional Adaptive Control: An Intelligent Systems Approach, Springer-Verlag, London, 2001.
22. Yang, X. S. and S. Deb, "Engineering optimisation by cuckoo search," International Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Optimisation, Vol. 1, No. 4, 330-343, 2010.