In this paper the design and implementation of a patch antenna array using Dolph Chebyshev current distribution operating in C-Band is demonstrated. The proposed novel omnidirectional triangular patch antenna array is a nonuniform array type with equal or uniform spacing between the antenna elements, but having the nonuniform amplitude excitation with Dolph-Chebyshev current distribution. Dolph-Chebyshev amplitude excitation suppresses the side lobes as well as the designed antenna works like an omnidirectional antenna. The proposed antenna array has a gain of 0.52 dB and return loss of -35.0649 dB which works as an omnidirectional antenna. This proposed antenna is suitable for C-band applications such as Wi-Fi devices, cordless phones, and keyless entry systems.
2. Ding, K., C. Gao, T. Yu, D. Qu, and B. Zhang, "Gain-improved broadband circularly polarized antenna array with parasitic patches ," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, No. 99, 1468-1471, December 29, 2016.
3. Perdanasaputra, Y., F. Oktafiani, Y. Wahyu, and A. Munir, "Side lobe suppression for X-band array antenna using Dolph-Chebyshev power distribution," The 22nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications, APCC, Indonesia, 2016.
4. Wang, P., Y. Li, S. C. Liew, and B. Vucetic, "Non-uniform linear antenna array design and optimization for millimeter-wave communications," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 15, 7343-7356, August 17, 2016.
5. Munir, A., Y. P. Saputra, and Y. Y. Maulana, "Experimental approach of X-band slotted microstrip patch antenna array with non-uniform current distribution," International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications, IEEE, Indonesia, 2016.
6. Errifi, H., A. Baghda, A. Badri, and A. Sahel, "Design and analysis of directive microstrip patch array antennas with series, corporate and series-corporate feed network," International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 6, 416-423, December 2015.
7. Malakooti, S.-A., M. Moosazadeh, and D. C. Ranasinghe, "Antipodal Vivaldi antenna for sum and difference radiation patterns with reduced grating lobes," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 16, 3139-3142, October 23, 2017.
8. Dewantari, A., J. Kim, S.-Y. Jeon, S. Kim, and M.-H. Ka, "Gain and side-lobe improvement of W-band microstrip array antenna with CSRR for radar applications," IEEE Electronics Letter, Vol. 53, No. 11, 702-704, May 25, 2017.
9. Dzagbletey, P. A., K.-S. Kim, and W.-J. Byun, "Stacked microstrip linear array with highly suppressed side-lobe levels and wide bandwidth," IET Microwaves, Antennas, and Propagation, Vol. 11, No. 1, 17-22, January 23, 2017.
10. Svezhentsev, A. Ye., V. Volski, and S. Yan, "Omnidirectional wideband E-shaped cylindrical patch antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 2, 796-800, February 2016.
11. Herscovici, N., Z. Sipus, and P.-S. Kildal, "The cylindrical omnidirectional patch antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 49, No. 12, 1746-1753, December 2001.
12. Orazi, H. and H. Soleimani, "Miniaturisation of the triangular patch antenna by the novel dual-reverse-arrow fractal," IET Microwaves, Antennas, and Propagation, Vol. 9, No. 7, 627-633, May 18, 2015.
13. Khraisat, Y. S. H. and M. M. Olaimat, "Comparison between rectangular and triangular patch antennas array ," 2012 19th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), 1-5, IEEE, 2012.
14. Sharaqa, A. and N. Dib, "Position-only side lobe reduction of a uniformly excited elliptical antenna array using evolutionary algorithms ," IET Microwaves, Antennas, and Propagation, Vol. 7, No. 6, 452-457, June 18, 2013.
15. Poduval, D. and M. Ali, "Wideband aperture coupled patch array antennas --- High gain, low side lobe design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 160, 71-87, 2017.
16. Maddio, S., "A compact wideband circularly polarized antenna array for C-band applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 14, 1081-1084, January 14, 2015.
17. Chopra, P., M. Bhandari, and S. Saxena, "Conformal antenna using circular microstrip patches in C band," 2016 3rd International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN), 759-762, IEEE, 2016.
18. Rao, V. S., D. R. Jahagirdar, and G. Kumar, "Design and development of broadband circularly polarized C-band microstrip antenna array," 2014 IEEE Annual India Conference (INDICON), 1-4, IEEE, 2014.
19. Riyazuddin, M. and J. Ramlal Bharath, "Design and simulation of C-band microstrip corporate feed array antenna," 2015 13th International Conference on Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility (INCEMIC), 182-186, IEEE, 2015.
20. Mei, L., N. Zhang, and Y. Ma, "Design of a C-band 2 × 2 Quasi-Yagi antenna array," 2014 XXXIth URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium (URSI GASS), 1-4, IEEE, 2014.
21. Shi, W., X. Li, H. Sheng, Y. Li, and G. Yang, "Design and study of an aperture coupled patch antenna array with hyperbolic lens in C-band," 2017 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, 2159-2160, IEEE, 2017.