The performance of magnetic bearing is determined by its electromagnetic parameters and mechanical parameters. In order to improve the performance of hybrid magnetic bearing (HMB) to better meet the engineering requirements, which needs to be optimized, a multi-objective optimization method based on genetic particle swarm optimization algorithm (GAPSO) is proposed in this paper to solve the problem that the optimization objectives are not coordinated during the optimization design. By introducing the working principle of HMB, a mathematical model of suspension force is established, and its rationality is verified by the finite-element method. By optimization, the suspension force of the HMB is increased by 18.5%, and the volume is reduced by 22%. The optimization results show that the multi-objective optimization algorithm based on GAPSO can effectively improve the performance of HMB.
2. Santra, T., D. Roy, A. B. Choudhury, and S. Yamada, "Vibration control of a hybrid magnetic bearing using an adaptive sliding mode technique," Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 24, No. 10, 1848-1860, 2018.
3. Santra, T., D. Roy, and A. B. Choudhury, "Calculation of passive magnetic force in a radial magnetic bearing using general division approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 54, 91-102, 2017.
4. Han, B., et al., "Integral design and analysis of passive magnetic bearing and active radial magnetic bearing for agile satellite application," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 48, No. 6, 1959-1966, 2012.
5. Nguyen, T. D. and G. Foo, "Sensorless control of a dual-airgap axial flux permanent magnet machine for flywheel energy storage system," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, 140-149, 2013.
6. Han, B., et al., "Modeling and analysis of coupling performance between passive magnetic bearing and hybrid magnetic radial bearing for magnetically suspended flywheel," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 10, 5356-5370, 2013.
7. Wang, X., et al., "Structural optimization design of radial magnetic bearing for flywheel energy storage," Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 37, No. 7, 1048-1054, 2018.
8. Mitterhofer, H., W. Gruber, and W. Amrhein, "On the high speed capacity of bearingless drives," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 61, No. 6, 3119-3126, 2014.
9. Moser, R., J. Sandtner, and H. Bleuler, "Optimization of repulsive passive magnetic bearings," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 42, No. 8, 2038-2042, 2006.
10. Zeisberger, M., et al., "Optimization of levitation forces in superconducting magnetic bearings," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 11, No. 1, 1741-1744, 2001.
11. Sahinkaya, M. N. and A. E. Hartavi, "Variable bias current in magnetic bearings for energy optimization," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 43, No. 3, 1052-1060, 2007.
12. Lan, Z., et al., "Application for optimal designing of sinusoidal interior permanent magnet synchronous motor by using the Taguchi method," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 26, No. 12, 37-42, 2011.
13. Rao, J. S. and R. Tiwari, "Optimum design and analysis of axial hybrid magnetic bearings using multi-objective genetic algorithms," International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science & Mechanics, 10-27, 2012.
14. Liu, X. and B. Han, "The multiobjective optimal design of a two-degree-of-freedom hybrid magnetic bearing," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, No. 9, 1-14, 2014.
15. Han, B., Q. Xu, and Q. Yuan, "Multiobjective optimization of a combined radial-axial magnetic bearing for magnetically suspended compressor," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 63, No. 4, 2284-2293, 2016.
16. Kennedy, J. and R. Eberhaa, "Particle swarm optimization," IEEE Int. Confon. Neural Networks, 1942-1948, IEEE, Perth, USA, 1995.
17. Zhang, Y., D. Gong, and Y. Jiang, "Barebones particle swarm for multi-objective optimization problems," International Journal of Innovative Computing & Applications, Vol. 2, No. 2, 86-99, 2009.
18. Trelea, I. C., "The particle swarm optimization algorithm: Convergence analysis and parameter selection," Information Processing Letters, Vol. 85, No. 6, 317-325, 2003.
19. Eberhart, R. and J. Kennedy, "A new optimizer using particle swarm theory," Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, 39-43, Nagoya, Japan, 1995.
20. Zhao, X., Z. Deng, and B. Wang, "Parameter design and realization of permanent magnet biased heterploar radial magnetic bearing," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 27, No. 7, 131-138, 2012.
21. Zhu, H., et al., "The working principle and parameter design permanent magnet biased radial-axial direction magnetic bearing," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 22, No. 9, 54-58, 2002.
22. Fang, J., C. Wang, and T. Wen, "Design and optimization of a radial hybrid magnetic bearing with separate poles for magnetically suspended inertially stabilized platform," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, No. 5, 1-11, 2014.