A sparse imaging-based clutter suppression method for one channel synthetic aperture radar (SAR) is proposed in this paper. The Doppler characteristic differences between the radar received signal of clutter and moving targets are utilized in this method. A joint projection operator is formulated, and the norm constraint is employed to realize and promote clutter suppression. The reconstructed MT results with suppressed clutter can be applied to moving target detection and imaging. Numerical simulation can verify the validity and robustness of the proposed methodology.
1. Curlander, J. C. and R. N. McDonoug, Synthetic Aperture Radar, Wiley, New York, 1991.
2. Kaan, D. and Y. Birsen, "Moving target artifacts in Bistatic synthetic aperture radar images," IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging, Vol. 1, No. 1, 30-43, 2015. doi:10.1109/TCI.2015.2440995
3. Li, Z. Y., et al., "Bistatic forward-looking SAR ground moving target detection and imaging," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 51, No. 2, 1000-1026, 2015. doi:10.1109/TAES.2014.130539
4. Zhang, S. X., et al., "Robust clutter suppression and moving target imaging approach for multichannel in azimuth high-resolution and wide-swath synthetic aperture radar," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 53, No. 2, 687-709, 2015. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2014.2327031
5. Cerutti-Maori, D. and I. Sikaneta, "A generalization of DPCA processing for multichannel SAR/GMTI radars," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 51, No. 1, 560-572, 2013. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2012.2201260
6. Li, J., et al., "Moving target detection via efficient ATI-GoDec approach for multichannel SAR system," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 13, No. 9, 1320-1324, 2016. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2016.2584083
7. Gelli, S., et al., "Virtual multichannel SAR for ground moving target imaging," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 10, No. 1, 50-62, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn.2015.0128
8. Jin, P., et al., "A sub-aperture detection algorithm for single channel SAR-GMTI," Chinese Journal of Electronics, Vol. 4, 749-753, 2009.
9. Zhang, L., et al., "Moving targets detection in SAR images based on sub-aperture decomposition," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 36, No. 6, 12101-1213, 2008.
10. Yin, J. P., et al., "Radar target and moving clutter separation based on the low-rank matrix optimization," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 56, No. 8, 4765-4780, 2018. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2018.2837051
11. Yasin, M., M. Cetin, and A. S. Khwaja, "SAR imaging of moving targets by subaperture based low-rank and sparse decomposition," 2017 25th Signal Processing and Communications Applications Conference, 2017.
12. Sun, H. B., et al., "Application of the fractional Fourier transform to moving target detection in airborne SAR," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 38, No. 4, 1416-1424, 2002. doi:10.1109/TAES.2002.1145767
13. Barbarossa, S., "Doppler-rate filtering for detecting moving targets with synthetic aperture radars," Proceedings of SPIE The International Society for Optical Engineering, Vol. 1101, 140, 1989.
14. Yu, X., et al., "Radar detection for moving target in short-time sparse fractional representative domain," Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 40, No. 11, 2426-2432, 2018.
15. Cetin, M. and W. C. Karl, "Feature-enhanced synthetic aperture radar image formation based on nonquadratic regularization," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 10, No. 4, 623-631, 2001. doi:10.1109/83.913596
16. Huang, P., et al., "Ground maneuvering target imaging and high-order motion parameter estimation based on second-order keystone and generalized Hough-HAF transform," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 55, No. 1, 320-335, 2017. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2016.2606436
17. Mao, X., "SAR imaging of moving target based on knowledge-aided two-dimensional autofocus," Computer Science, 2015.
18. Wahl, D. E., D. A. Yocky, and C. V. J. Jakowatz, "An implementation of a fast backprojection image formation algorithm for spotlight-mode SAR," Proceeding of SPIE, Vol. 6970, No. 8, 2008.