For direct suspension force control (DSFC) strategy of Bearingless Brushless DC Motor (BBLDCM), combined with super-twisting algorithm, a second-order sliding mode (SOSM) controller is designed by direct suspension force. The control precision, robustness, and jitter suppression of the suspension subsystem are improved. The direct suspension force control based on the second-order sliding mode (SOSM-DSFC) controller solves the influence of external disturbance on the self-stabilizing suspension, effectively suppresses the rotor jitter problem, and improves the robustness of the rotor suspension.
"Direct Suspension Control Based on Second Order Sliding Mode for Bearingless Brushless DC Motor," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 98, 17-30, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERC19091602
1. Yuan, Y., Y. Sun, and Y. Huang, "Design and analysis of bearingless flywheel motor specially for flywheel energy storage," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 52, No. 16, 66-68, Jan. 2016. doi:10.1049/el.2015.1938
2. Ooshima, M. and C. Takeuchi, "Magnetic suspension performance of a bearingless brushless DC motor for small liquid pumps," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 47, No. 1, 72-78, Jan.-Feb. 2011. doi:10.1109/TIA.2010.2091233
3. Murashige, T. and W. Hijikata, "Mechanical antithrombogenic properties by vibrational excitation of the impeller in a magnetically levitated centrifugal blood pump," Artificial Organs, Vol. 43, No. 9, 849-859, Sep. 2019. doi:10.1111/aor.13541
4. Jing, L., J. Cheng, and T. Ben, "Analytical method for magnetic field and electromagnetic performances in switched reluctance machines," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 14, No. 4, 1625-1635, Jul. 2019.
5. Severson, E. L., "Bearingless motor technology for industrial and transportation applications," IEEE Transportation and Electrification Conference and Expo, 266-273, Long Beach, CA, USA, 2018.
6. Zwyssig, C., T. Baumgartner, and J. W. Kolar, "High-speed magnetically levitated reaction wheel demonstrator," 2014 International Power Electronics Conference, IEEE, 2014.
7. Jing, L., J. Gong, Z. Huang, T. Ben, and Y. Huang, "A new structure for the magnetic gear," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 75550-75555, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2919679
8. Zhu, X., J. Huang, L. Quan, Z. Xiang, and B. Shi, "Comprehensive sensitivity analysis and multi-objective optimization research of permanent magnet flux-intensifying motors," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 66, No. 4, 2613-2627, Apr. 2019. doi:10.1109/TIE.2018.2849961
9. Zhu, X., Z. Shu, L. Quan, Z. Xiang, and X. Pan, "Design and multi-condition comparison of two outer-rotor flux-switching permanent magnet motors for in-wheel traction applications," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 64, No. 8, 6137-6148, 2017. doi:10.1109/TIE.2017.2682025
10. Grabner, H., W. Amrhein, and S. Silber, "Nonlinear feedback control of a bearingless brushless DC motor," IEEE-ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 15, No. 1, 40-47, Feb. 2010. doi:10.1109/TMECH.2009.2014058
11. Yuan, Y., Y. Huang, and Y. Sun, "Mathematical modeling and control for a single winding bearingless flywheel motor in electric/suspension mode," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, Vol. 13, No. 5, 1935-1944, Sep. 2018.
12. Zhu, H. and L. Shan, "A new control method of suspension force for bearingless brushless DC motor," Journal of Jiangsu University (Natural Science Edition), Vol. 36, No. 2, 209-214, Feb. 2015.
13. Henzel, M., K. Falkowski, and M. Zokowski, "The analysis of the control system for the bearingless induction electric motor," Journal of Vibroengineering, Vol. 14, No. 1, 16-21, Mar. 2012.
14. Deng, Z., H. Zhang, and X. Wang, "The nonlinear decoupling control of the bearingless induction motors based on the airgap flux orientation," Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol. 15, No. 1, 38-42, Feb. 2002. doi:10.1016/S1000-9361(11)60128-3
15. Nian, H., Y. He, and L. Huang, "Integrated self-sensing of rotor position and displacement for inset PM type bearingless motor," Proceedings of the CSEE, Vol. 27, No. 9, 52-58, Mar. 2007.
16. Qiu, Z., Z. Deng, and Y. Zhang, "Direct levitation force control of a consequent-pole permanent magnet bearingless motor," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol. 26, No. 9, 94-99, Sep. 2011.
17. Liu, H., J. Wang, and J. Zhang, "Research on torque ripple suppression techniques for brushless DC motor," 2013 the 25th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), 424-429, 2013.
18. Ammar, A., A. Bourek, and A. Benakcha, "Nonlinear SVM-DTC for induction motor drive using input-output feedback linearization and high order sliding mode control," ISA Transactions, Vol. 67, 428-442, Mar. 2017. doi:10.1016/j.isatra.2017.01.010
19. Sun, Y., K. Zhang, and Y. Yuan, "A novel direct suspension force control for bearingless brushless DC motor," Electric Machines & Control Application, Vol. 45, No. 11, 1-6, 2018.
20. Masmoudi, M., B. El Badsi, and A. Masmoudi, "Direct torque control of brushless DC motor drives with improved reliability," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 50, No. 6, 3744-3753, Nov.-Dec. 2014. doi:10.1109/TIA.2014.2313700
21. Ozturk, S. B., W. C. Alexander, and H. A. Toliyat, "Direct torque control of four-switch brushless DC motor with non-sinusoidal back EMF," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 25, No. 2, 263-271, Feb. 2010. doi:10.1109/TPEL.2009.2028888