A new reflectionless filter with discharging circuit is presented. Under the premise of keeping the original filter unchanged, a discharging circuit is added. The relationship between the passband and stopband of the discharging circuit and the original filter is similar to the duality of the circuit. Without affecting the performance of the original filter, the reflected energy of the original filter is discharged to the ground through discharging circuit, so as to achieve no reflection of the filter, avoiding the interference to the input. Analytical design equations are provided so that the reflectionless filter can be designed. According to this design method, the reflectionless dual-band bandpass filter is designed and fabricated. Simulation and measurement results are in agreement. It has good reflectionless performance. The feasibility of the design method is verified.
Yu Lin Feng,
"A New Reflectionless Filter Composed of Discharging Circuit," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 112, 35-44, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21031404
1. Morgan, M. A. and T. A. Boyd, "Theoretical and experimental study of a new class of reflectionless filter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 59, No. 5, 1214-1221, 2011. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2011.2113189
2. Morgan, M. A., Reflectionless Filters, 55-59, Artech House, London, 2017.
3. Morgan, M. A. and T. A. Boyd, "Reflectionless filter structures," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 63, No. 4, 1263-1271, 2015. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2015.2403841
4. Lee, T. H., B. Lee, and J. Lee, "First-order reflectionless lumped-element lowpass filter (LPF) and bandpass filter (BPF) design," IMS,, 1-4, 2016.
5. Feng, W. Y., X. K. Ma, Y. R. Shi, et al. "High-selectivity narrow- and wide-band input-reflectionless bandpass filters with intercoupled dual-behavior resonators," IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci., Vol. 48, No. 2, 446-454, 2020. doi:10.1109/TPS.2020.2968481
6. Liu, G., M. J. Xing, X. Z. Li, et al. "Design of non-reflective bandpass filter based on IPD process," Electron. Compon. Mater., Vol. 37, No. 9, 69-73, 2018.
7. Ta, H. H. and A. Pham, "Dual band band-pass filter with wide stopband on multilayer organic substrate," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 23, No. 4, 193-195, 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2251617
8. Park, J. H., S. J. Cheon, J. Y. Park, et al. "Compact WLAN dual-band filter using independent band stop resonators combined with diplexer," Proc. MWS-IRFPT, 1-2, Daejeon, 2011.
9. Li, D. and K. Xu, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter using coupled lines and shorted stubs," Electron. Lett., Vol. 56, No. 14, 1721-1724, 2020. doi:10.1049/el.2020.1119
10. Mousavi, S. M. H., S. V. A. Makki, S. Alirezaee, et al. "Design of a narrow dual-band BPF with an independently tunable passband," Electron. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 9, 542-543, 2019. doi:10.1049/el.2019.0562
12. Chen, X., L. Zhang, C. Xu, et al. "Dual-band filter synthesis based on two low-pass prototypes," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 27, No. 10, 903-905, 2017. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2017.2746663
13. Xu, S., F. Meng, K. Ma, K. et al. "Dual-band bandpass filter design with novel double-layer mixed coupled SIR/CPW-SIR resonators," Proc. the IEEE MTT-S IMS, 714-717, 2019.
14. Cao, P. and T. Gu, "Simple ultra-wide band band-pass filters with dual- and quad-notched bands," Proc. ICWCSN, 317-320, Wuhan, China, 2014.
15. Han, N., Y. Dong, and M. Wang, "A dual-band bandpass filter using parallel doubly coupled structure with loading capacitance," Proc. ICMMT, 1849-1851, Chengdu, China, 2010.
16. Lin, L., B. Wu, T. Su, and C. Liang, "Novel dual-band bandpass filter with wide upper stopband performance," Xidian Univ., Vol. 42, No. 6, 65-70, 2015.
17. Jian, H., G. Li, H. Wang, and W. Li, "Design of a bandpass filter with independently tunable dual-band," Shanghai Univ., Vol. 21, No. 2, 213-219, 2015.
18. Lalbakhsh, A., A. Ghaderi, W. Mohyuddin, et al. "A compact C-band bandpass filter with an adjustable dual-band suitable for satellite communication systems," Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 7, 1088, 2020. doi:10.3390/electronics9071088
19. Mousavi, S. H. and A. B. Kouki, "Highly compact VHF/UHF dual-band/dual-function LTCC circuits: Application to avionic systems," IEEE T. Comp. Pack. Man, Vol. 6, No. 1, 12-22, 2016.
20. Gomez-Garcıa, R., J. Munoz-Ferreras, W. Feng, and D. Psychogiou, "Balanced symmetrical quasi-reflectionless singleand dual-band bandpass planar filters," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 28, No. 9, 798-800, 2018. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2018.2856400
21. Cao, Z., X. Bi, Q. Xu, and H. Wu, "Compact reflectionless dual-band BPF by reused quad-mode resonator," ComComAp, 184-186, Shenzhen, China, 2019.
22. Gomez-Garcıa, R., J. Munoz-Ferreras, and D. Psychogiou, "Split-type input-reflectionless multiband filters," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 28, No. 11, 981-983, 2018. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2018.2868091
23. Gomez-Garcıa, R., L. Yang, J. Munoz-Ferreras, et al. "Lossy signal-interference filters and applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 68, No. 2, 516-295, 2020. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2019.2953585
24. Gomez-Garcıa, R., L. Yang, J. Munoz-Ferreras, et al. "Single/multi-band coupled-multi-line filtering section and its application to RF diplexers, bandpass/bandstop filters, and filtering couplers," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., Vol. 67, No. 10, 3959-3972, 2019. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2019.2933212
25. Brooklyn, N. Y, "Reflectionless filters improve linearityand dynamic range," Microw. J., Vol. 58, No. 8, 42-50, 2015.