A Compact wideband operating from 3 to 18 GHz MIMO antenna with quadruple notches is presented in this paper. The elements in MIMO configuration are arranged in orthogonal fashion with each other to minimize the coupling effects. The antenna consists of circular rings and a modified microstrip feed. By engraving a crescent shaped slot, split ring-shaped slot, circle shaped slot in the circular monopole, rectangular spiral shaped slot engraved along the feed line quadruple notches are attained. The antenna operates from 3 GHz to 18 GHz with notches in the range of 3.2 GHz-4.2 GHz centered at 3.5 GHz, 4.5 GHz-5.5 GHz centered at 4.9 GHz, 6.2 GHz-7.3 GHz centered at 6.6 GHz, and 8.1 GHz-8.8 GHz centered at 8.5 GHz. The element has a very compact size of 0.28λx0.22λx0.016λ at 3 GHz and is hence suitable for portable devices.
1. Taki, H., S. Azou, A. Hamie, A. Al Housseini, A. Alaeddine, and A. Sharaiha, "On phaser-based processing of impulse radio UWB over fiber systems employing SOA," Optical Fiber Technology, Vol. 36, 33-40, 2017.
2. Allen, B., et al., UWB Antennas and Propagation for Communications, Radar and Imaging, Wiley, 2006.
3. Fontana, R. J., "Recent system applications of short-pulse UWB technology," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, No. 9, 2087-2104, 2004.
4. Boutejdar, A. and W. Abd Ellatif, "A novel compact UWB monopole antenna with enhanced bandwidth using triangular defected microstrip structure and stepped cut technique," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 6, 1514-1519, 2016.
5. Ali, W. A., A. I. Zaki, and M. H. Abdou, "Design and fabrication of rectangular ring monopole array with parasitic elements for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 58, No. 9, 2268-2273, 2016.
6. Su, J., W. Ren, F. Lin, and X. Zhang, "A small UWB antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," IEEE International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), 280-282, IEEE, Beijing, China, Jun. 5, 2016.
7. Singh, P., A. R. Khanna, and H. Singh, "UWB antenna with dual notched band for WiMAX and WLAN applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 59, No. 4, 792-797, 2017.
8. Labade, R. P., S. B. Deosarkar, and N. Pisharoty, "Compact integrated bluetooth UWB antenna with quadruple bandnotched characteristics," International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), Vol. 5, No. 6, 1433-1440, 2015.
9. Bakariya, P. S., S. Dwari, and M. Sarkar, "Printed ultrawideband monopole antenna with four notch band," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 84, No. 4, 2989-2999, 2015.
10. Schantz, H. G., G. Wolenec, E. M. Myszka, and III, "Frequency notched UWB antennas," Proc. IEEE Conferences Ultra Wideband System Technology, 214-218, Nov. 2003.
11. Choi, J., K. Chung, and Y. Roh, "Parametric analysis of a band-rejected antenna for UWB applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 47, No. 3, 287-290, 2005.
12. Liu, J., S. Gong, Y. Xu, X. Zhang, C. Fengm, and N. Qi, "Compact printed ultra-wideband monopole antenna with band-notched characteristics," Electron. Letters, Vol. 44, No. 12, 710-711, Jun. 2008.
13. Huang, C. Y., S. A. Huang, and C. F. Yang, "Band-notched ultra-wideband circular slot antenna with inverted C-shaped parasitic strip," Electron. Letters, Vol. 44, No. 15, 891-892, Jul. 2008.
14. Zhu, X. F. and D. L. Su, "Symmetric E-shaped slot for UWB antenna with band-notched characteristics," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 7, 1594-1597, 2010.
15. Chu, Q.-X. and Y.-Y. Yang, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with 3.4/5.5 GHz dual bandnotched characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 12, 3637-3644, Dec. 2012.
16. Sharma, M. M., A. Kumar, S. Yadav, and Y. Ranga, "An ultra-wideband printed monopole antenna with dual band-notched characteristics using DGS and SRR," Procedia Technology, Vol. 6, 778-783, 2012.
17. Li, W. T., Y. Q. Hei, W. Feng, and X. W. Shi, "Planar antenna for 3G/Bluetooth/WiMAX and UWB applications with dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 61-64, 2012.
18. Li, W. T., X. W. Shi, and Y. Q. Hei, "Novel planar UWB antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1094-1098, 2009.
19. Tang, M.-C., S. Xiao, T. Deng, D. Wang, J. Guan, B. Wang, and G.-D. Ge, "Compact UWB antenna with multiple band-notches for WiMAX and WLAN," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 4, 1372-1376, Apr. 2011.
20. Nguyen, T. D., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Design and analysis of compact printed triple bandnotched UWB antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 403-406, 2011.
21. Jiang, W. and W. Che, "A novel UWB antenna with dual notched bands for WiMAX and WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 293-296, 2012.
22. Li, T., H. Zhai, L. Li, C. Liang, and Y. Han, "Compact UWB antenna with tunable band notched characteristic based on microstrip open-loop resonator," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 1584-1587, 2012.
23. Li, X., L. Yan, and B. Luo, "A compact printed quadruple band-notched UWB antenna," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2013, ArticleID956898, 2013.
24. Wu, Z. H., F. Wei, X.-W. Shi, and W.-T. Li, "A compact quad band-notched UWB monopole antenna loaded one lateral L-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 139, 303-315, 2013.
25. Sharma, M. M., J. K. Deegwal, A. Kumar, and M. C. Govil, "Compact planar monopole UWB antenna with quadruple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 47, 29-36, 2014.
26. Abdulhasan, R. A., R. Alias, and K. N. Ramli, "A compact CPW feed UWB antenna with quad band notch characteristics for ISM band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 62, 79-88, 2017.
27. Kumar, G. and R. Kumar, "A survey on planar ultra-wideband antennas with band notch characteristics: Principle, design, and applications," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2019.
28. Saritha, V. and C. Chandrasekhar, "A study and review on frequency band notch characteristics in reconfigurable MIMO-UWB antennas," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 118, No. 4, 2631-2661, 2021.
29. Wu, W., B. Yuan, and A. Wu, "A quad-element UWB-MIMO antenna with band-notch and reduced mutual coupling based on EBG structures," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2018, Article ID 8490740, 2018.
30. Thakur, E., N. Jaglan, S. D. Gupta, and B. Kanaujia, "A compact notched UWB MIMO antenna with enhanced performance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 91, 39-53, 2019.
31. Wu, L. and Y. Xia, "Compact UWB-MIMO antenna with quad-band-notched characteristic," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 2016.
32. Wu, L., Y. Xia, and X. Cao, "Design of compact quad-band notched UWB-MIMO antenna," Wireless Personal Communication, 2017.
33. Wu, L., Y. Xia, X. Cao, and Z. Xu, "A miniaturized UWB-MIMO antenna with quadruple band-notched characteristics," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 2018.
34. Modak, S. and T. Khan, "A slotted UWB-MIMO antenna with quadruple band-notch characteristics using mushroom EBG structure," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2021.