We propose a metamaterial coplanar stop-band filter made of multi-turn rectangular spiral particles. Numerical and experimental results show the feasibility of devices with dimensions more than 10 times smaller than those in the literature and with good performances.
1. Boukchiche, F., T. Zhou, M. Le Berre, D. Vincent, B. Payet-Gervy, and F. Calmon, "Novel composite non reciprocal right/left-handed line made from ferrite material," PIERS Proceedings, 700-702, Cambridge, USA, Jul. 5-8, 2010.
2. Zermane, A., B. Sauviac, B. Bayard, and A. Benghalia, "Numerical study of a coplanar zeroth-order resonator on YIG thin film," PIERS Proceedings, 1025-1028, Marrakesh, Morocco, Mar. 20-23, 2011.
3. Falcone, F., F. Martin, J. Bonache, R. Marques, and M. Sorolla, "Coplanar waveguide structures loaded with split-ring resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 40, No. 1, Jan. 5, 2004.
4. Pendry, J. B., A. J. Holden, D. J. Robbins, and W. J. Stewart, "Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, 2075, 1999.
5. Nemery, S., B. Sauviac, B. Bayard, C. Nader, J. Bechara, and A. Khoury, "Modelling resonance frequencies of a multi-turn spiral for metamaterial applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 20, 31-42, 2011.
6. Ganguly, A. and B. E. Spielman, "Dispersion characteristics for arbitrarily-configured transmission media," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 25, No. 12, 1138-1141, Dec. 1977. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1977.1129288
7. Spielman, B. E., "Integrated circuit media for millimetre-wave applications," AGARD Conference Proceedings, 245, The Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development, 1979.
8. Wadel, B. C., Transmission Line Design Handbook, 79, Artech House, Boston, 1991.