In this work, theoretical analysis and numerical results are given for time-reversal (TR) focus gains of polarization-varying electromagnetic fields in a rectangular resonant cavity. To demonstrate the gains in different polarization states of the static transceivers and the ones of the rotatable transceivers, the 3 dB attenuation areas of TR angle gain (AG) and AG flatness are first calculated. The flat area is about equivalent to the range of two centrosymmetric octants in a three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate. Phase-frequency waterfalls verify the polarization-rotational rheology of the TR focus gain, in which uniform and smooth areas will contribute higher gain than uneven and rough areas.
1. Dmitriev, V., "Space-time reversal symmetry properties of electromagnetic Green's tensors for complex and bianisotropic media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 48, 145-184, 2004. doi:10.2528/PIER04020501
2. Lerosey, G., J. de Rosny, A. Tourin, A. Derode, G. Montaldo, and M. Fink, "Time reversal of electromagnetic waves," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 92, No. 19, 193904, May 2004. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.92.193904
3. Lerosey, G., J. de Rosny, A. Tourin, and M. Fink, "Focusing beyond the diffraction limit with far-Field time reversal," Science, Vol. 315, 1120-1122, Feb. 2007. doi:10.1126/science.1134824
4. Ge, G.-D., D. Wang, and B.-Z. Wang, "Subwavelength array of planar triangle monopoles with cross slots based on far-field time reversal," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 429-441, 2011.
5. Davy, M., J.-G. Minonzio, J. de Rosny, C. Prada, and M. Fink, "Influence of noise on subwavelength imaging of two close scatterers using time reversal method: Theory and experiments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 333-358, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09071004
6. Naqvi, I. H., S. A. Aleem, O. Usman, S. B. Ali, P. Besnier, and G. El. Zein, "Robustness of a time-reversal ultra-wideband system in non-stationary channel environments," Wireless Communications and Networking Conference: PHY and Fundamentals, 37-41, 2012.
7. Zhu, , X., Z. Zhao, W. Yang, Y. Zhang, Z.-P. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Iterative time-reversal mirror method for imaging the buried object beneath rough ground surface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 19-33, 2011.
8. Solimene, R., A. Dell'Aversano, and G. Leone, "Interferometric time reversal music for small scatterer localization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 131, 243-258, 2012.
9. Qiu, R. C., C. Zhou, N. Guo, and J. Q. Zhang, "Time reversal with MISO for ultra-wideband communications: Experimental results," results," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, No. 1, 269-273, 2006. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2006.875888
10. Guo, N., B. M. Sadler, and R. C. Qiu, "Reduced-complexity UWB time-reversal techniques and experimental results," IEEE Trans. Wireless Comm., Vol. 6, No. 12, 4221-4226, Dec. 2007. doi:10.1109/TWC.2007.060251
11. Zhou, C., N. Guo, and R. C. Qiu, "Time reversed ultra-wideband (UWB) multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) based on measured spatial channels," IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, Vol. 58, No. 6, 2884-2898, Jul. 2009. doi:10.1109/TVT.2008.2012109
12. Zhao, D. S., Y. W. Jin, B.-Z. Wang, and R. Zang, "Time reversal based broadband synthesis method for arbitrarily structured beam-steering arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 1, 164-173, Jan. 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2167904
13. Zhai, H., S. Jung, and M. Lu, "Wireless communication in boxes with metallic enclosure based on time-reversal ultra-wideband technique: A full-wave numerical study," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 63-74, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER09112502
14. Li, D., J. S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Improving anti-detection/interception performance for wireless sensor network based on time-reversal technology," The 5th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCom), 1-4, 2009.
15. Sundaralingam, P., V. Fusco, D. Zelenchuk, and R. Appleby, "Detection of an object in a reverberant environment using direct and differential time reversal," The 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), 1115-1117, 2011.
16. Moura, J. M. F. and Y. W. Jin, "Detection by time reversal: Single antenna," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 55, No. 1, 187-201, Jan. 2007. doi:10.1109/TSP.2006.882114
17. Le Fur, G., P. Besnier, and A. Sharaiha, "Efficiency measurement of UWB antennas using time reversal in reverberation chambers," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 17, 1002-1003, Aug. 14, 2008. doi:10.1049/el:20081183