In this paper, we present improved Lumped-Parameter Models for simulation of a Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous (IPMS) machine to calculate PM flux linkage, and Q and D-axis inductances which can be used for torque calculation. These improved models include all details of flux barriers and air bridges of rotor and also the eect of saturation in central posts and stator core. To validate the accuracy of these models, results are compared with the Finite Element Method results for a candidate three-layer IPMS machine.
1. Miller, T. J. E., Brushless Permanent-magnet and Reluctance Motor Drives, 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, 1989.
2. Boldea, I., Reluctance Synchronous Machines and Drives, Oxford University Press, 1996.
3. Zhu, L., S. Z. Jiang, Z. Zhu, and C. Chan, "Analytical modeling of open-circuit air-gap field distributions in multisegment and multilayer interior permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 45, No. 8, 3121-3130, 2009. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2009.2019841
4. Zhu, Z., D. Howe, E. Bolte, and B. Ackermann, "Instantaneous magnetic field distribution in brushless permanent magnet DC motors. Part I. Open-circuit field," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 29, No. 1, 124-135, 1993. doi:10.1109/20.195557
5. Hwanga, C., C. Changa, C. Panb, and T. Changc, "Estimation of parameters of interior permanent magnet synchronous motors," Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 239, No. 1-3, 600-603, 2006. doi:10.1016/S0304-8853(01)00647-3
6. Lovelace, E., T. Jahns, and J. H. Lang, "A saturating lumped-parameter model for an interior PM synchronous machine," IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications, Vol. 38, No. 3, 645-650, 2002. doi:10.1109/TIA.2002.1003413
7. Tariq, A., C. Nino Baron, and E. Strangas, "Iron and magnet losses and torque calculation of interior permanent magnet synchronous machines using magnetic equivalent circuit," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 46, No. 12, 4073-4080, 2010. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2010.2074207
8. Amrhein, M. and P. Krein, "Induction machine modeling approach based on 3-D magnetic equivalent circuit framework," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 25, No. 2, 339-347, 2010. doi:10.1109/TEC.2010.2046998
9. Zhu, Z., Y. Pang, D. Howe, S. Iwasaki, R. Deodhar, and A. Pride, "Analysis of electromagnetic performance of flux-switching permanent-magnet Machines by nonlinear adaptive lumped parameter magnetic circuit model," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 41, No. 11, 4277-4287, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2005.854441
10. Bash, M. and S. Pekarek, "Modeling of salient-pole wound-rotor synchronous machines for population-based design," IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, Vol. 26, No. 2, 381-392, 2011. doi:10.1109/TEC.2011.2105874
11. Zhu, Z., D. Howe, and C. Chan, "Improved analytical model for predicting the magnetic field distribution in brushless permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 38, No. 1, 229-238, 2002. doi:10.1109/20.990112
12. Lovelace, E. C. F., "Optimization of a magnetically saturable interior permanent-magnet synchronous machine drives,", Ph.D. Dissertation, MIT, 2000.
13. Hwang, C. C. and Y. H. Cho, "Effects of leakage flux on magnetic fields of interior permanent magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 37, No. 4, 3021-3024, 2001. doi:10.1109/20.947055
14. Rahman, M., T. Little, and G. Slemon, "Analytical models for interior-type permanent magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 21, No. 5, 1741-1743, 1985. doi:10.1109/TMAG.1985.1064115
15. Mirahki, H., M. Moallem, and S. Rahimi, "Design optimization of IPMSM for 42V integrated starter-alternator using lumped parameter model and genetic algorithms," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 50, No. 3, 114-119, 2014. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2285358
16. Bracikowski, N., M. Hecquet, P. Brochet, and S. V. Shirinskii, "Multiphysics modeling of a permanent magnet synchronous machine by using lumped models," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 59, No. 6, 2426-2437, 2012.
17. Zhu, Z., D. Howe, and Z. Xia, "Prediction of open-circuit airgap field distribution in brushless machines having an inset permanent magnet rotor topology," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 30, No. 1, 98-107, 1994. doi:10.1109/20.272521
18. Wang, J., D. Lieu, W. Lorimer, and A. Hartman, "Comparison of lumped parameter and finite element magnetic modeling in a brushless DC motor," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 33, No. 5, 4092-4094, 1997. doi:10.1109/20.619673
19. Hsieh, M. F. and Y. C. Hsu, "A generalized magnetic circuit modeling approach for design of surface permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 59, No. 2, 779-792, 2012. doi:10.1109/TIE.2011.2161251
20. Mi, C., M. Filippa, W. Liu, and R. Ma, "Analytical method for predicting the air-gap flux of interior-type permanent-magnet machines," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 40, No. 1, 50-58, 2004.
21. Vagati, A., M. Pastorelli, F. Scapino, and G. Franceschini, "Effect of magnetic cross-coupling in synchronous reluctance motors," Intelligent Motion Conference, Vol. 1, 279-285, 1997.
22. Vagati, A., M. Pastorelli, F. Scapino, and G. Franceschini, "Cross-saturation in synchronous reluctance motors of the transverse-laminated type," Industry Applications Conference, Thirty-Third IAS Annual Meeting, Vol. 1, 127-135, 1998.
23. Vagati, A., M. Pastorelli, F. Scapino, and G. Franceschini, "Design criteria of an IPM machine suitable for field-weakened operation," International Conference on Electrical Machine, 1059-1065, 1999.