Extracting instantaneous frequency (IF) of Micro-Doppler (M-D) is the key to estimating Micro-motion parameters. In this paper, firstly, the micro-motion model of the coning was set up. Meanwhile, the theoretical analysis and derivation of the micro-Doppler were performed. Then we introduced occlusion effect and Time Frequency transform to better accord with the complexity and reality of feature extraction of Micro-Doppler in the real world. Besides other computational complex separation methods, we extended the Viterbi algorithm for some cases and proposed two novel means, selecting local maximum value and extracting central position, to solve the dilemma which unable the Viterbi algorithm. Finally corresponding simulation correct the performance of the two methods in different Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR).The simulation analysis showed that the methods were effective if time-frequency map was not polluted seriously by noise.
1. Chen, V. C., "Analysis of radar Micro-Doppler signature with time-frequency transform," Proc. of the Tenth IEEE Workshop on Statistical Signal and Array Processing, 463-466, 2000. doi:10.1109/SSAP.2000.870167
2. Chen, V. C., "Micro-Doppler effect in radar: Phenomenon, model and simulation study," IEEE Trans. AES, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2-21, 2006.
4. Zhuang, Z.-W., "Fretting characteristics of the target research progress," Journal of Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 3, 520-527, 2007.
5. Yong, C., "Fretting target Doppler spectral analysis and parameter estimation," Signal Processing, Vol. 24, No. 1, 1-6, 2008.
6. Gao, H., "Other Micro-Doppler wobble cone objective analysis and extraction," Journal of Electronics, Vol. 36, No. 12, 2497-2502, 2008.
7. Gao, H., "Beams and other ballistic missile target fretting characteristics and simulation of Micro-Doppler analysis," System Simulation, Vol. 21, No. 4, 954-961, 2009.
8. Liu, Y. X., "Instantaneous frequency estimation of multi-component signal based on complex-argument distribution," IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, 2010.
9. Liu, Y., "Research fretting characteristics of the target. Technology review," Journal Title Abbreviation, Vol. 29, No. 22, 73-79, 2011.
10. Chen, V. C., The Micro-Doppler Effect in Radar, Artech House, Boston, 2011.
11. Yong, C., "Micro-Doppler analysis and parameter estimation," Infrared and Millimeter Wave Newspaper, Vol. 34, No. 10, 360-363, 2006.
12. Li, J. L., "Application of adaptive chirplet representation for ISAR feature extraction form targe with rotating parts," IEEE Proc. Radar Sonar Navig., Vol. 4, No. 150, 284-291, 2003. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20030729
13. Stankovic, L. D., "Separation of target rigid body and Micro-Doppler effects in ISAR imaging," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 4, No. 42, 1496-1506, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAES.2006.314590
14. Thayaparan, T. S., "Analysis of radar Micro-Doppler signatures from experimental helicopter and human data," IEEE Proc. Radar Sonar Navig., Vol. 4, No. 1, 289-299, 2007. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn:20060103
15. Zhang, Q. Y., "Imaging of a moving target with rotating parts based on the Hough transform," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 46, No. 1, 291-299, 2008. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2007.907105
16. Bai, X. R., "Imaging of micromotion targets with rotating parts based on empirical mode decomposition," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 46, No. 11, 3514-3523, 2008. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2008.2002322
17. Thayaparan, T. S., "Micro-Doppler analysis of a rotating target in synthetic aperture radar," IET Signal Process, Vol. 4, No. 3, 245-255, 2010. doi:10.1049/iet-spr.2009.0094