The paper is devoted to the investigation of electromagnetic field distribution in the vicinity of overhead transmission lines under different environmental conditions, taking into account the wire sag curve in a span. A wire state equation is utilized, which allows one to calculate stresses in the wire and sags based on the known stresses and temperatures in the initial state. The results of the electric and magnetic field distribution on sample 330 kV and 110 kV transmission lines are presented. We show that the highest electromagnetic field levels are associated with the most severe environmental conditions, resulting in the highest sag.
1. Moro, F. and R. Turri, "Fast analytical computation of power-line magnetic fields by complex vector method," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 23, No. 2, 1042-1048, 2008. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2007.915212
2. Tzinevrakis, A. E., D. K. Tsanakas, and E. I. Mimos, "Analytical calculation of the electric field produced by single-circuit power lines," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 23, No. 3, 1495-1505, 2008. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2008.916748
3. Ismail, H. M., "Characteristics of the magnetic field under hybrid AC/DC high voltage transmission lines," Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 79, No. 1, 1-7, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.epsr.2008.04.005
4. Al Salameh, M. S. H. and M. A. S. Hassouna, "Arranging overhead power transmission line conductors using swarm intelligence technique to minimize electromagnetic fields," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 26, 213-236, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10082104
5. Mamishev, A. V., R. D. Nevels, and B. D. Russell, "Effects of conductor sag on spatial distribution of power line magnetic field," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 11, 1571-1576, 1996. doi:10.1109/61.517518
6. El Dein, A. Z., "Magnetic-field calculation under EHV transmission lines for more realistic cases," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 4, 2214-2222, 2009. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2028794
7. Salari, J. C., A. Mpalantinos, and J. I. Silva, "Comparative analysis of 2- and 3-D methods for computing electric and magnetic fields generated by overhead transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 1, 338-344, 2009. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2008.923409
8. Lucca, G., "Magnetic field produced by power lines with complex geometry," European Transactions on Electrical Power, Vol. 21, No. 1, 52-58, 2011. doi:10.1002/etep.411
9. Dezelak, K., F. Jakl, and G. Stumberger, "Arrangements of overhead power line phase conductors obtained by differential evolution," Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 81, 2164-2170, 2011. doi:10.1016/j.epsr.2011.07.015
10. Modric, T., S. Vujevic, and D. Lovric, "3D computation of the power lines magnetic field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 41, 1-9, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERM14122301
11. Keikko, T., "Technical management of the electric and magnetic fields in electric power system,", Doctoral Dissertation, Tampere University of Technology, 2003.
12. Kryukov, K. P. and B. P. Novgorodcev, Construction and Mechanical Calculation of Transmission Lines, 312, Energiya, Leningrdaskoe otdelenie, Leningrad, 1979 (in Russian).