Although a superdirective array can acquire maximum directive gain with electrically small array, in some practical applications, low sidelobe and deep nulls are also important, which can effectively inhibit directional interferences. In this work, a set of simple superdirective pattern synthesis methods are proposed. By introducing diagonal loading factor and adding virtual jamming constraints, they can keep suitable tradeoff among directive gain, efficiency and anti-jamming performance. Besides, easy realization is another good feature of the proposed methods.
1. Sanzgiri, S. M. and J. K. Butler, "Constrained optimization of the performance indices of arbitrary array antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 19, No. 4, 493-497, 1971. doi:10.1109/TAP.1971.1139955
3. Barrick, D. E. and P. M. Lilleboe, "Circular superdirective receive antenna arrays,", Patent No.: US 6,844,849 B1, Jan. 18, 2005.
4. Ma, Y. L., et al., "Theoretical and practical solutions for high-order superdirectivity of circular sensor arrays," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 60, No. 1, 203-209, 2013. doi:10.1109/TIE.2012.2185020
6. Newman, E. H., J. H. Richmond, and C. H. Walter, "Superdirective receiving arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 26, No. 5, 629-639, 1978. doi:10.1109/TAP.1978.1141928
7. Dawoud, M. and A. Anderson, "Design of superdirective arrays with high radiation efficiency," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 26, No. 6, 819-823, 1978. doi:10.1109/TAP.1978.1141953
8. Zhou, Q. C., et al., "Robust superdirective beamforming for HF circular receive antenna arrays," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 136, 665-679, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12122301
9. Zhang, H. J., et al., "A novel digital beamformer applied in vehicle mounted HF receiving device," IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 11, No. 2, 1-8, 2014. doi:10.1587/elex.11.20130919
10. Zhang, H. J., et al., "Robust superdirective beamforming under uncertainty set constraint," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 59, 59-69, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERC15053106
11. Zhou, Q. C., et al., "Superdirective beamforming with interferences and noise suppression via second-order cone programming," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 43, 255-269, 2013.
12. Yang, Y. X., et al., "Experimental study on robust supergain beamforming for conformal vector arrays," Oceans. IEEE, 1-5, 2013.
13. Olen, C. A. and R. T. Compton, "A numerical pattern synthesis algorithm for arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 38, No. 10, 1666-1676, 1990. doi:10.1109/8.59781
14. Tseng, C. Y. and L. J. Griffiths, "A simple algorithm to achieve desired patterns for arbitrary arrays," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 40, No. 14, 2737-2746, 1992. doi:10.1109/78.165660
15. Shi, Z. and Z. Feng, "A new array pattern synthesis algorithm using the two-step least-squares method," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 12, No. 3, 250-253, 2005. doi:10.1109/LSP.2004.842282
16. Askari, M. and M. Karimi, "Quadratically constrained beamforming applied to UCA," Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering, 1178-1183, 2012. doi:10.1109/IranianCEE.2012.6292533