This paper proposes a secure beamforming (BF) scheme for a dual-hop satellite communication system, where a satellite acts as a relay using amplify-and-forward (AF) protocol to assists signal transmission between the terrestrial source and destination, where the target user is intercepted by an eavesdropper (Eve) in the downlink transmission. By assuming that the satellite is deployed with multiple antenna feeds, we rst establish an optimization problem to minimize the on-board transmit power subject to the quality-of-service (QoS) and secrecy performance requirement of the destination. Then, based on the method of penalty function, we propose a secure BF scheme to obtain the optimal BF weight vector with analytical form. Finally, computer simulation results are given to demonstrate the eectiveness and superiority of the proposed algorithm.
1. Morabito, A. F., A. R. Lagana, and L. Di Donato, "Satellite multibeam coverage of earth: Innovative solutions and optimal synthesis of aperture fields," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 156, 135-144, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIER16061505
2. An, K., M. Lin, T. Liang, J. Wang, J. Wang, Y. Huang, and A. Lee Swindlehurst, "Performance analysis of multi-antenna hybrid satellite-terrestrial relay networks in the presence of interference," IEEE Trans. Commun., Vol. 63, No. 11, 4390-4404, Nov. 2015. doi:10.1109/TCOMM.2015.2474865
3. An, K., M. Lin, W.-P. Zhu, and Y. Huang, "Outage performance of cognitive hybrid satellite terrestrial networks with interference constraint," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., Vol. 65, No. 11, 9397-9404, Nov. 2016. doi:10.1109/TVT.2016.2519893
4. Wu, Z., F. Jin, J. Luo, Y. Fu, J. Shan, and G. Hu, "A graph-based satellite handover framework for LEO satellite communication networks," IEEE Commun. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 8, Aug. 2016.
5. Kourogiorgas, C., N. Lyras, A. D. Panagopoulos, D. Tarchi, A. V. Coralli, A. Ugolini, G. Colavolpe, and P.-D. Arapoglou, "Capacity statistics evaluation for next generation broadband MEO satellite systems," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 53, 2344-2358, Apr. 2017. doi:10.1109/TAES.2017.2693018
6. Vidal, O., et al., "Next generation high throughput satellite system," Proc. IEEE 1st AESS ESTEL, 1-7, 2012.
7. Ajibesin, A. A., F. O. Bankole, and A. C. Odinma, "A review of next generation satellite networks: Trends and technical issues ," AFRICON, 1-7, Nairobi, 2009.
9. Lei, J., Z. Han, M. A. V´azquez-Castro, and A. Hjoungnes, "Secure satellite communication systems design with individual secrecy rate constraints," IEEE Trans. Inf. Forens. Security, Vol. 6, No. 3, 661-671, Sep. 2011. doi:10.1109/TIFS.2011.2148716
10. Lin, M., L. Yang, W. P. Zhu, and M. Li, "An open-loop adaptive space-time transmit scheme for correlated fading channels," IEEE J. Sel. Topics Signal Process., Vol. 2, No. 2, 147-158, Apr. 2008. doi:10.1109/JSTSP.2008.922482
11. Li, Y., Y. Gu, Z.-G. Shi, and K. S. Chen, "Robust adaptive beamforming based on particle filter with noise unknown," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 151-169, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09010302
12. Lin, M., J. Ouyang, and W.-P. Zhu, "Joint beamforming and power control for device-to-device communications underlaying cellular networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 34, 138-150, Jan. 2016. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2015.2452491
13. Gu, Y., Z.-G. Shi, K. S. Chen, and Y. Li, "Robust adaptive beamforming for steering vector uncertainties based on equivalent DOAs method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 277-290, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07102202
14. Havary-Nassab, V., S. Shahbazpanahi, and A. Grami, "Joint receive-transmit beamforming for multi-antenna relaying schemes," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 58, No. 3, 1238-1250, Mar. 2010. doi:10.1109/TSP.2009.2026067
15. Dong, L., Z. Han, A. P. Petropulu, and H. V. Poor, "Improving wireless physical layer security via cooperating relays," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 58, No. 3, 1875-1888, Mar. 2010. doi:10.1109/TSP.2009.2038412
16. Panduro, M. A. and C. del Rio-Bocio, "Beam-forming networks for scannable multi-beam antenna arrays using CORPS and differential evolution," Proc. Eur. Conf. Antennas Propag., 3109-3113, Mar. 2009.
17. Jiang, M., Z. N. Chen, Y. Zhang, W. Hong, and X. Xuan, "Metamaterial-based thin planar lens antenna for spatial beamforming and multibeam massive MIMO," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 65, No. 2, 464-472, Feb. 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2631589
18. Betancourt, D. and C. del Rio Bocio, "A novel methodology to feed phased array antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 9, 2489-2494, Sep. 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.904133
19. Alvarado, L., M. Mendoza, and C. Bocio, "A multi-beam planar antenna array using CORPS and evolutionary optimization," APSURSI, 930-933, Jul. 2011.
20. Ibarra, M., A. G. Andrade, M. A. Panduro, and A. L. Mendez, "Design of antenna arrays for isoflux radiation in satellite systems," Proc. 33th Int. Conf. IEEE Perform. Comput. Commun., 2014.
21. Ibarra, M., A. Reyna, M. A. Panduro, and C. del Rio-Bocio, "Design of aperiodic planar arrays for desirable isoflux radiation in GEO satellites," APURSI, 3003-3006, Jul. 2011.
22. Zheng, G., P. D. Arapoglou, and B. Ottersten, "Physical layer security in multibeam satellite Physical layer security in multibeam satellite," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., Vol. 11, No. 2, 852-863, Feb. 2012. doi:10.1109/TWC.2011.120911.111460
23. An, K., M. Lin, J. Ouyang, and W.-P. Zhu, "Secure transmission in cognitive satellite terrestrial networks," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., Vol. 34, No. 11, 3025-3037, Oct. 2016. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2016.2615261
24. Bhatnagar, M. R., "Performance evaluation of decode-and-forward satellite relaying," IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., Vol. 64, No. 10, 4827-4833, Oct. 2015. doi:10.1109/TVT.2014.2373389
25. Miridakis, N. I., D. D. Vergados, and A. Michalas, "Dual-hop communication over a satellite relay and shadowed Rician channels," IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., Vol. 64, No. 9, 4031-4040, Sep. 2015. doi:10.1109/TVT.2014.2361832
26. Guidolin, F., M. Nekovee, L. Badia, and M. Zorzi, "A cooperative scheduling algorithm for the coexistence of fixed satellite services and 5G cellular network," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Commun., 1322-1327, Jun. 2015.
27. Panagopoulos, A. D., P.-D. M. Arapoglou, and P. G. Cottis, "Satellite Communications at Ku, Ka and V bands: Propagation impairments and mitigation techniques," IEEE Commun. Surveys Tutorials, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2-14, Oct. 2004. doi:10.1109/COMST.2004.5342290
28. Liang, Y., et al., "Compound wiretap channels," EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. Netw., Vol. 1, 1-12, 2009.
29. Nocedal, J. and S. Wright, Numerical Optimization, Springer, New York, 2008.
30. Eisen, M., et al., "Decentralized quasi-newton methods," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 65, No. 10, 2613-2628, May 2017. doi:10.1109/TSP.2017.2666776