An efficient field-to-circuit hybrid method is presented for the electromagnetic interference (EMI) analysis of penetrated wire of an electronic device excited by ambient wave, which consists of finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method, transmission line (TL) equations, Thevenin's theorem, and circuit analysis method. The significant feature of this method is that it can avoid modelling the structures of penetrated wire and terminal circuit directly on the premise of guaranteeing sufficient accuracy. At first, the whole model of penetrated wire of an electronic device is decomposed into external and internal regions according to the shielded enclosure of the device. Then, the FDTD method combined with TL equations is applied to build the coupling model of external transmission line with the shielded enclosure and extract the equivalent circuit model of an external region based on Thevenin's theorem, which is further imported into the internal region as excitation source. Finally, the EMI analysis of internal region is executed by constructing the transmission parameter matrices of the two-port cascade network, which is contributed by the penetration node, internal transmission line and terminal circuit. Then the interference response on terminal circuit can be obtained. Numerical simulations have been taken into account to verify the the accuracy and efficiency of this field-to-circuit hybrid method by comparing with the traditional FDTD method.
1. Chen, J. and J. G. Wang, "A three-dimensional semi-implicit FDTD scheme for calculation of shielded effectiveness of enclosure with thin slots," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 49, No. 2, 354-360, 2007. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2007.893329
2. Azizi, H., F. T. Belkacem, D. Moussaoui, H. Moulai, A. Bendaoud, and M. Bensetti, "Electromagnetic interference from shielded effectiveness of a rectangular enclosure with aperture-scircuital approach, FDTD and FIT modelling," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 28, No. 4, 494-514, 2014. doi:10.1080/09205071.2013.875862
3. Fu, W. N., X. Zhang, and S. L. Ho, "A fast frequency-domain parameter extraction method using time-domain FEM," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 50, No. 2, 433-436, 2014. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2283211
4. Kucharski, A. A., "The FIT-MoM hybrid method for analysis of electromagnetic scattering by dielectric bodies of revolution," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 3, 1384-1391, 2018. doi:10.1109/TAP.2018.2796721
5. Du, J. K., S. M. Hwang, J. W. Ahn, and J. G. Yook, "Analysis of coupling effects to PCBs inside waveguide using the modified BLT equation and full-wave analysis," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, No. 10, 3514-3523, 2013. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2013.2277994
6. Kan, Y., L. P. Yan, X. Zhao, H. J. Zhou, and K. M. Huang, "Electromagnetic topology based fast algorithm for shielded effectiveness estimation of multiple enclosures with apertures," Acta Physica Sinica, Vol. 65, No. 3, 88-99, 2016.
7. Tesche, F. M., "Development and use of the BLT equation in the time domain as applied to a coaxial cable," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 49, No. 2, 3-11, 2007. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2006.888184
8. Ni, G. Y., L. Yan, and N. C. Yuan, "Time-domain analytic solutions of two-wire transmission line excited by a plane-wave field," Chinese Physics B, Vol. 17, No. 10, 3629-3634, 2008. doi:10.1088/1674-1056/17/10/016
9. Yuan, W. L. and E. P. Li, "A systematic coupled approach for electromagnetic susceptibility analysis of a shielded device with multilayer circuitry," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 47, No. 4, 692-700, 2006. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2005.859062
10. Xiao, P., P. A. Du, D. Ren, and B. L. Nie, "A hybrid method for calculating the coupling to PCB inside a nested shielded enclosure based on electromagnetic topology," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 6, 1701-1709, 2016. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2016.2588505
11. Chen, H. C., Y. P. Du, M. Q. Yuan, and Q. H. Liu, "Lightning-induced voltages on a distribution line with surge arresters using a hybrid FDTD-SPICE method," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 33, No. 5, 2354-2363, 2017. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2017.2788046
12. Xie, H. Y., J. G. Wang, R. Y. Fan, and Y. N. Liu, "A hybrid FDTD-SPICE method for transmission lines excited by a nonuniform incident wave," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 51, No. 3, 811-817, 2009. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2020913
13. Xie, H. Y., J. G. Wang, Y. Li, and H. Xia, "Efficient evaluation of multiwire transmission lines with random translation over ground under a plane wave," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 56, No. 6, 1623-1629, 2014. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2014.2330823
14. Xie, H. Y., Y. Li, H. L. Qiao, and J. G. Wang, "Empirical formula of effective coupling length for transmission lines illuminated by E1 HEMP," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 58, No. 2, 581-587, 2016. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2016.2518243
15. Ye, Z. H., X. Z. Xiong, C. Liao, and Y. Li, "A hybrid method for electromagnetic coupling problems of transmission lines in cavity based on FDTD method and transmission line equation," Progress in Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 42, 85-93, 2015. doi:10.2528/PIERM15032605
16. Ye, Z. H., C. Liao, X. Z. Xiong, and M. Zhang, "A hybrid method combining the novel TDSC technique and FDTD method for the EMI analysis of transmission line network," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 59, No. 4, 1211-1217, 2017. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2017.2651884
17. Ye, Z. H., J. J. Zhou, D. Gou, and J. Zhang, "Coupling analysis of ambient wave to the shielded cavity with penetrated wire using a time domain hybrid method," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 61, No. 11, 2551-2556, 2019. doi:10.1002/mop.31918
18. Ye, Z. H., J. Zhang, J. J. Zhou, and D. Gou, "Time domain hybrid method for coupling analysis of multi-wire transmission lines on the lossy dielectric layer excited by ambient wave," Acta Physica Sinica, Vol. 69, No. 6, 47-54, 2020.