This article presents a dipole antenna using an I-shapes adding technique on both sides of the antenna's body. To increase the using frequency range to be wider, with horn waveguide for gain enhancement and harvest energy by matching circuit. Which is compatible with the voltage multiplier circuit at RF frequency (510-790 MHz) in a TV digital system. When taken to measure the effect of the antenna, it was found that the antenna operates at a frequency range of 60.24% (450-838 MHz), a 67.79% increase from the base dipole antenna, which has the gain enhancement of 10.23 dB from adding the horn waveguide 60.99%. By has a pattern of energy radiating in a specific direction, and when the antenna is used with an energy harvesting circuit to get energy or power from the front direction of the TV digital antenna at a distance of 10 km, capable of harvesting energy up to 7.33 uW.
"Dipole Antenna with Horn Waveguide for Energy Harvesting in DTV Systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 111, 145-157, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERM22040101
1. Yang, Y., S. Bremner, C. Menictas, and M. Kay, "Battery energy storage system size determination in renewable energy systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 91, 109-125, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.rser.2018.03.047
2. Oh, T. H., M. Hasanuzzaman, J. Selvaraj, S. C. Teo, and S. C. Chua, "Energy policy and alternative energy in Malaysia: Issues and challenges for sustainable growth --- An update," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 81, 3021-3031, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.rser.2017.06.112
4. Karnauskas, K. B., J. K. Lundquist, and L. Zhang, "Southward shift of the global wind energy resource under high carbon dioxide emissions," Nature Geoscience, Vol. 11, No. 1, 38-43, 2018. doi:10.1038/s41561-017-0029-9
5. Kumar, K. R., N. K. Chaitanya, and N. S. Kumar, "Solar thermal energy technologies and its applications for process heating and power generation --- A review," Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 282, 125296, 2021. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.125296
6. Kim, S., R. Vyas, J. Bito, K. Niotaki, A. Collado, A. Georgiadis, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Ambient RF energy-harvesting technologies for self-sustainable standalone wireless sensor platforms," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 102, No. 11, 1649-1666, 2014. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2014.2357031
7. Song, C., Y. Huang, P. Carter, J. Zhou, S. Yuan, Q. Xu, and M. Kod, "A novel six-band dual CP rectenna using improved impedance matching technique for ambient RF energy harvesting," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 7, 3160-3171, 2016. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2565697
8. Saeed, W., N. Shoaib, H. M. Cheema, and M. U. Khan, "RF energy harvesting for ubiquitous, zero power wireless sensors," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2018, 2018.
9. Shen, S., C. Y. Chiu, and R. D. Murch, "Multiport pixel rectenna for ambient RF energy harvesting," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 66, No. 2, 644-656, 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2017.2786320
10. Wagih, M., A. S. Weddell, and S. Beeby, "Rectennas for radio-frequency energy harvesting and wireless power transfer: A review of antenna design [antenna applications corner]," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 62, No. 5, 95-107, 2020. doi:10.1109/MAP.2020.3012872
11. Chandrasekaran, K. T., K. Agarwal, A. Alphones, R. Mittra, and M. F. Karim, "Compact dual-band metamaterial-based high-efficiency rectenna: An application for ambient electromagnetic energy harvesting," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 62, No. 3, 18-29, 2020. doi:10.1109/MAP.2020.2982091
12. Joseph, S. D., Y. Huang, and S. S. Hsu, "Transmission lines-based impedance matching technique for broadband rectifier," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 4665-4672, 2020.
13. Gu, X., P. Burasa, S. Hemour, and K. Wu, "Recycling ambient RF energy: Far-field wireless power transfer and harmonic backscattering," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 22, No. 9, 60-78, 2021. doi:10.1109/MMM.2021.3086335
14. Erkmen, F. and O. M. Ramahi, "A scalable, dual-polarized absorber surface for electromagnetic energy harvesting and wireless power transfer," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 69, No. 9, 4021-4028, 2021. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2021.3087622
15. Bougas, I. D., M. S. Papadopoulou, A. D. Boursianis, K. Kokkinidis, and S. K. Goudos, "State-of-the-art techniques in RF energy harvesting circuits," Telecom, Vol. 2, No. 4, 369-389, Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute, December 2021. doi:10.3390/telecom2040022
16. Furuta, T., M. Ito, N. Nambo, K. Itoh, K. Noguchi, and J. Ida, "The 500 MHz band low power rectenna for DTV in the Tokyo area," 2016 IEEE Wireless Power Transfer Conference (WPTC), 1-3, IEEE, May 2016.
17. Dhiman, L. and S. Singh, "Design and optimization of DGS based T-stub microstrip patch antenna for wireless applications," Advancements in Engineering and Technology, 631, 2015.
18. Song, C., Y. Huang, J. Zhou, and P. Carter, "Improved ultrawideband rectennas using hybrid resistance compression technique," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 4, 2057-2062, 2017. doi:10.1109/TAP.2017.2670359
19. Palazzi, V., J. Hester, J. Bito, F. Alimenti, C. Kalialakis, A. Collado, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A novel ultra-lightweight multiband rectenna on paper for RF energy harvesting in the next generation LTE bands," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 66, No. 1, 366-379, 2017. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2017.2721399
20. Zheng, S., W. Liu, and Y. Pan, "Design of an ultra-wideband high-efficiency rectifier for wireless power transmission and harvesting applications," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 15, No. 6, 3334-3342, 2018. doi:10.1109/TII.2018.2874460
21. Loubet, G., A. Takacs, and D. Dragomirescu, "Implementation of a battery-free wireless sensor for cyber-physical systems dedicated to structural health monitoring applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 24679-24690, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2900161
22. Okba, A., A. Takacs, and H. Aubert, "Compact rectennas for ultra-low-power wirelss transmission applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 67, No. 5, 1697-1707, 2019. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2019.2902552
23. Loubet, G., A. Takacs, E. Gardner, A. De Luca, F. Udrea, and D. Dragomirescu, "LoRaWAN battery-free wireless sensors network designed for structural health monitoring in the construction domain," Sensors, Vol. 19, No. 7, 1510, 2019. doi:10.3390/s19071510
24. Tampouratzis, M. G., D. Vouyioukas, D. Stratakis, and T. Yioultsis, "Use ultra-wideband discone rectenna for broadband RF energy harvesting applications," Technologies, Vol. 8, No. 2, 21, 2020. doi:10.3390/technologies8020021
25. Wagih, M., A. S. Weddell, and S. Beeby, "Meshed high-impedance matching network-free rectenna optimized for additive manufacturing," IEEE Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 1, 615-626, 2020. doi:10.1109/OJAP.2020.3038001
26. Chuma, E. L., Y. Iano, and L. L. B. Roger, "Ultra-wide band rectenna design with discone antenna and rectifier with high impedance inductor," 2021 5th International Symposium on Instrumentation Systems, Circuits and Transducers (INSCIT), 1-6, IEEE, August 2021.
27. Jung, E. M., W. S. Lee, R. J. Vyas, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A wideband, quasi-isotropic, ambient RF energy harvester combining UHF-TV and FM," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1854-1858, 2021. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2021.3095102
28. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
29. Wang, C. J. and Y. L. Lee, "A compact dipole antenna for DTV applications by utilizing L-shaped stub and coupling strip," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 62, No. 12, 6515-6519, 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2360554
30. Komsing, S., N. Fhafhiem, A. Innok, and A. Ruengwaree, "Design of wide-band dipole antenna for digital TV broadcasting application," 2018 International Electrical Engineering Congress (iEECON), 1-4, IEEE, March 2018.
31. Wang, L., K. W. Chen, Q. Huang, W. H. Shao, W. X. Fang, G. G. Lu, and Y. F. En, "Wideband circularly polarized cross-dipole antenna with folded ground plane," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 15, No. 5, 451-456, 2021. doi:10.1049/mia2.12077
32. Wen, L., S. Gao, B. Sanz-Izquierdo, C. Wang, W. Hu, X. Ren, and J. Wu, "Compact and wideband crossed dipole antenna using coupling stub for circular polarization," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 2021.
33. Li, D. Y., Y. C. Jiao, H. W. Yu, and Z. B. Weng, "Wideband circularly polarized pyramidal horn antenna based on spoof surface plasmon polaritons," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 2020.
34. Bayarsaikhan, P., R. Kuse, T. Fukusako, K. Tomimoto, M. Miyashita, and R. Yamaguchi, "Multi-port rectangular horn antenna with dielectric resonator for 5G application," 2021 IEEE Conference on Antenna Measurements & Applications (CAMA), 1-2, IEEE, November 2021.
35. Ishchenko, E. A., Y. G. Pasternak, V. A. Pendyurin, E. A. Rogozin, and S. M. Fedorov, "Horn antenna with integrated metamaterial for beam steering," Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 1902, No. 1, 012068, IOP Publishing, May 2021. doi:10.1088/1742-6596/1902/1/012068
36. Fathi, E., F. Setoudeh, and M. B. Tavakoli, "Design and fabrication of a novel multilayer bandpass filter with high-order harmonics suppression using parallel coupled microstrip filter," ETRI Journal, 2022.
37. Manh, L. D., V. P. Hoang, and X. N. Tran, "A cost-effective 5-W GaN HEMT power amplifier for sub-6-GHz 5G wireless communications," Mobile Networks and Applications, 1-11, 2022.
38. Erkmen, F., T. S. Almoneef, and O. M. Ramahi, "Scalable electromagnetic energy harvesting using frequency-selective surfaces," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 6, No. 5, 2433-2441, 2018. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2018.2804956
39. Said, M. A. M., Z. Zakaria, M. N. Husain, M. H. Misran, and F. S. M. Noor, "2.45 GHz rectenna with high gain for RF energy harvesting," Telkomnika, Vol. 17, No. 1, 384-391, 2019. doi:10.12928/telkomnika.v17i1.11592
40. Ard-Paru, N., Managing Spectrum Commons in Thailand: Allocation and Assignment Challenges, Chalmers University of Technology, 2012.