This study presents a quad-band bandpass filter with high selectivity, compact size, and highly independent bands using a folded C-shape resonator, short stub-SIR resonator, and two folded L-shape resonators. The suggested structure consists of two separate filters. The upper filter is made up of a short stub-SIR resonator loaded on a C-shape resonator resonating at 2.59 GHz and 3.5 GHz, respectively. The lower filter is made up of two folded L-shape resonators resonating at 4.89 GHz and 6.15 GHz, respectively. The frequencies at which the filter resonates are designed and arranged with high independence. The proposed filter achieves insertion loss of -2.7 dB, -0.7 dB, 2.3 dB, and -0.4 dB, and return loss of -13.32 dB, -11.03 dB, -9.17 dB, and -17.89 dB, respectively. In addition, eight transmission zeros appeared. The proposed design has a compact size of 0.19λg×0.15λg and is built on an RO4350B substrate with a dielectric constant of 3.66, loss tangent of 0.0037, and thickness of 0.508 mm. Finally, the suggested filter is intended to be used in 5G mobile communications and international mobile telecommunications services.
Halah I. Khani,
Ahmed S. Ezzulddin,
"Design of High-Selectivity Compact Quad-Band BPF Using Multi-Coupled Line and Short Stub-SIR Resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 122, 215-228, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC22052903
1. 5G PPP, "5G PPP architecture working group view on 5G architecture view on 5G architecture version 1.0, July 2016 5G PPP architecture working group view on 5G architecture,", July 2016. doi:10.1109/4.735702
2. Wu, S. and B. Razavi, "A 900-MHz/1.8-GHz CMOS receiver for dual-band applications," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. 33, No. 12, 2178-2185, 1998.
3. Shi, L. and J. Gao, "Multitransmission zero dual-band bandpass filter using nonresonating node for 5G millimetre-wave application," Act. Passiv. Electron. Components, Vol. 2018, Article ID 7628598, 2018. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2013.2273759
4. Xu, J., W. Wu, and C. Miao, "Compact microstrip dual-/tri-/quad-band bandpass filter using open stubs loaded shorted stepped-impedance resonator," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 61, No. 9, 3187-3199, 2013, doi: 10.1109/TMTT.2013.2273759. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2944681
5. Cai, Q., Y. Li, X. Zhang, and W. Shen, "Wideband MIMO antenna array covering 3.3-7.1 GHz for 5G metal-rimmed smartphone applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 142070-142084, 2019, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2944681. doi:10.1002/9781119236306
7. Zhou, J., L. Wang, Z. Wang, S. Zhang, and M. He, "A compact quad-band bandpass filter with mixed electric and magnetic coupling," Int. J. Microw. Wirel. Technol., Vol. 11, No. 5-6, 517-522, 2019, doi: 10.1017/S1759078719000357. doi:10.1049/el.2016.4333
8. Liu, B., et al. "Quad-band BPF based on SLRs with inductive source and load coupling," Electron. Lett., Vol. 53, No. 8, 540-542, 2017. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2015.2463227
9. Zhang, Y., L. Gao, and X. Y. Zhang, "Compact quad-band bandpass filter for DCS/WLAN/WiMAX/5G Wi-Fi application," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Components Lett., Vol. 25, No. 10, 645-647, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2014.3347
10. Wu, B., F. Qiu, and L. Lin, "Quad-band filter with high skirt selectivity using stub-loaded nested dual-open loop resonators," Electron. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 2, 166-168, 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2015.2440655
11. Yan, T., X.-H. Tang, and J. Wang, "A novel quad-band bandpass filter using short stub loaded E-shaped resonators," IEEE Microw. Wirel. Components Lett., Vol. 25, No. 8, 508-510, 2015. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2016.2615082
17. Xie, H., K. Zhou, C. Zhou, and W. Wu, "Analysis of four-stage stepped-impedance resonators and their application to quad-band microstrip bandpass filter," Int. J. RF Microw. Comput. Eng., Vol. 30, No. 4, e22116, 2020. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2019.0563
18. Chen, C.-F., J.-J. Li, K.-W. Zhou, R.-Y. Chen, Z.-C. Wang, and Y.-H. He, "Design of a microstrip quad-band bandpass filter with controllable bandwidth and band spacing for multifunctional applications," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, 374-380, 2020, doi: 10.1049/iet-map.2019.0563. doi:10.1515/freq-2019-0043
19. Cao, Q., H. Liu, and L. Gao, "Design of novel compact quad-band bandpass filter with high selectivity," Frequenz, Vol. 74, No. 1-2, 53-59, 2020, doi: 10.1515/freq-2019-0043. doi:10.1515/freq-2019-0159
20. Basit, A. and M. I. Khattak, "Designing modern compact microstrip planar quadband bandpass filter for hand held wireless applications," Frequenz, Vol. 74, No. 5-6, 219-227, 2020. doi:10.1109/ICPECA51329.2021.9362506
21. Wang, X., L. Wang, W. Yang, and Y. Zhang, "Design of quad-band filter using SIR and DGS," 2021 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Computer Applications (ICPECA), 378-381, 2021.