The limited space of the substation contains a lot of electrical equipment and voltages ranging from hundreds to several thousand volts, resulting in a complex electromagnetic environment in the substation. As the deployment of 5G base stations increases in substations in China, the power-frequency magnetic field in substations will cause problems, resulting in a location problem. This paper develops a circuit model for converter stations, and presents a calculation method that considers the geomagnetic permeability, 3-phase transmission mode, and erection direction influences. The correctness of the calculation method in this paper is verified by comparing the simulation results and calculation results of the substation model. The deployment conditions of 5G base stations in the substation are analyzed according to the national standard of the requirement and measurement methods of electromagnetic compatibility for mobile telecommunications equipment Part 17: 5G base station and ancillary equipment.
1. Huang, Y., H. Yu, J. Yin, G. Meng, and Y. Cheng, "Power IoT data transmission scheme: Current status and outlook based on 5G technology," Journal of Electrical Engineering Technology, Vol. 36, No. 17, 3581-3593, 2021, DOI: 10.19595/j.cnki.1000-6753.tces.201464.
2. Wang, Z., Y. Hu, S. Meng, H. Zhang, L. Teng, and S. Zhu, "Research on location selection method of 5G base station in substation considering radiation disturbance and conduction disturbance," 2022 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), 1-8, 2022, DOI: 10.1109/ICCCI54379.2022.9741047.
3. Qin, Y. and S. A. Sebo, "Accurate evaluation of the magnetic field strength of large substation air-core reactor coils," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 13, No. 4, 1114-1119, 2002. doi:10.1109/61.714470
4. Kangozhin, B. R., et al., "Electromagnetic compatibility of high voltage substation SMART devices," Physical Sciences and Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1-2, 48-55, 2020.
5. Hasselgren, L. and E. Moller, "Calculation of magnetic shielding of a substation at power frequency using FEM," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 9, No. 3, 1398-1405, 1994. doi:10.1109/61.311168
6. Xin, C., "Research and analysis of transient electromagnetic interference in substation switching operation," Electrical Engineering, 2016.
7. Wang, Q., et al., "Frequency magnetic field distribution around a dry hollow reactor," Journal of Electrical Engineering Technology, Vol. 24, No. 1, 8-13, 2009.
8. Li, Y. M., et al., "35 kV dry hollow reactor under frequency magnetic field suppression," High Voltage Technology, Vol. 36, No. 12, 2960-2965, 2010.
9. Bai, F., et al., "Prediction of steady-state electromagnetic disturbance characteristics of ultra-high voltage substations," High Voltage Technology, Vol. 35, No. 8, 1836-1840, 2009.
10. Du, Z., et al., "Three-dimensional numerical simulation study of frequency electromagnetic field in substation," Power Grid Technology, Vol. 36, No. 4, 229-235, 2012.
11. Xin, L., "Study of 220 kV substation industrial frequency magnetic field," Electrical Engineering Technology, Vol. 11, No. 15, 14-16, 2007.
12. Wang, Z.-Z., B.-X. Lu, and B.-G. Wang, "Three-dimensional representation of constant magnetic field mirror method," Proceedings of the Second National Seminar on Teaching Reform of Electrical Engineering and Its Automation in Colleges and Universities (Next Volume), 72-77, 2004.
13. Halbedl, T. S., H. Renner OVE, and G. Achleitner OVE, "Analysis of the impact of geomagnetic disturbances on the Austrian transmission grid," Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik, Vol. 134, No. 1, 67-70, 2017. doi:10.1007/s00502-016-0455-1