Amorphous alloy transformers (AMDT) have become the mainstream of energy-saving and environmentally friendly distribution transformers, but the problem of environmental pollution caused by their noise has become more prominent. The high magnetostriction of amorphous alloy strip and its sensitivity to stress are the main reasons for the vibration of AMDT core. Accurate calculation of the overall core vibration of transformers is the key issues in transformer noise research. This paper studies the vibration of amorphous alloy transformers under operating conditions, and establishes a three-dimensional magnetic-mechanical coupling model considering the magnetostrictive effect of the power transformer core, and the magnetic field distribution and core vibration displacement of the dry-type transformer under no-load conditions are calculated by finite element method. Combined with experiments, the mechanism of vibration generation of amorphous alloy transformer core is studied, and an iron core vibration prediction calculation based on electromagnetic field coupling analysis is proposed. The research results not only have important academic value for exploring the vibration mechanism and noise suppression mechanism of amorphous alloy transformers, but also have important significance for ensuring their efficient operation.
1. Luciano, B. A., et al., "Performance of single wire earth return transformers with amorphous alloy core in a rural electric energy distribution system," Materials Research, Vol. 15, 801-804, May 2012. doi:10.1590/S1516-14392012005000045
2. Roginskaya, L., Z. Yalalova, A. Gorbunov, and J. Rakhmanova, "Features of amorphous steel magnetic cores for transformers operating at mains frequency," 2020 International Conference on Electrotechnical Complexes and Systems (ICOECS), 1-5, Oct. 2020.
3. Yabu, N., K. Sugimura, M. Sonehara, and T. Sato, "Fabrication and evaluation of composite magnetic core using iron-based amorphous alloy powder with different particle size distributions," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 54, 1-5, Nov. 2018. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2018.2832662
4. Hu, J. Z., et al., "Analysis of transformer electromagnetic vibration and noise based on finite element method," Journal of Electrotechnical Technology, Vol. 31, 81-88, 2016.
5. Chen, D. Z., B. Q. Hou, Z. Y. Feng, and B. D. Bai, "Study of magnetostriction influence of electrical sheet steel under different DC biases," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, 1-5, Feb. 2019.
6. Liu, D. S., et al., "Magnetic properties and vibration characteristics of amorphous alloy strip and its combination," IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 13, 1589-1597, 2019. doi:10.1049/iet-epa.2019.0137
7. Zhang, Y., Q. Li, D. Zhang, B. Bai, D. Xie, and C.-S. Koh, "Magnetostriction of silicon steel sheets under different magnetization conditions," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 52, 1-4, Mar. 2016.
8. Ohta, M. and R. Hasegawa, "Soft magnetic properties of magnetic cores assembled with a high Fe-based nanocrystalline alloy," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 53, 1-5, Feb. 2017. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2016.2620118
9. Sato, T. and T. Todaka, "Effect of magnetic annealing on magnetic characteristic of amorphous wound core," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 54, 1-4, Nov. 2018.
10. Zhang, B., N. Yan, J. Du, F. Han, and H.Wang, "A novel approach to investigate the core vibration in power transformers," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 54, 1-4, Nov. 2018.
11. Chang, Y., C. Hsu, H. Chu, and C. Tseng, "Magnetomechanical vibrations of three-phase three-leg transformer with different amorphous-cored structures," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 47, 2780-2783, Oct. 2011. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2011.2146242
12. Zhu, L., Q. Yang, R. Yan, X. Zhang, and Y. Yang, "Research on dynamic vibration of transformer with wireless power transfer system load," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 51, 1-4, Nov. 2015.
13. Ji, S. C., Y. F. Luo, and Y. Li, "Research on extraction technique of transformer core fundamental frequency vibration based on OLCM," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 21, 1981-1988, Oct. 2006.
14. Tanzer, T., et al., "Magnetostriction of electrical steel and its relation to the no-load noise of power transformers," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 54, 4306-4314, Sept.-Oct. 2018. doi:10.1109/TIA.2018.2840977
15. Moses, A., "Measurement of magnetostriction and vibration with regard to transformer noise," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 10, 154-156, Jun. 1974. doi:10.1109/TMAG.1974.1058301
16. He, J., Z. Yu, R. Zeng, and B. Zhang, "Vibration and audible noise characteristics of AC transformer caused by HVDC system under monopole operation," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 27, 1835-1842, Oct. 2012. doi:10.1109/TPWRD.2012.2205409
17. Rauschr, M., et al., "Combination of finite and boundary element methods in investigation and predication of load-controlled noise of power transformer," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 250, 323-338, 2002. doi:10.1006/jsvi.2001.3934
18. Ji, S. C., et al., "Research on vibration characteristics of power transformers under no-load conditions," High Voltage Technology, Vol. 05, 47-48, 2001.
19. Du, B. X. and D. S. Liu, "Dynamic behavior of magnetostriction-induced vibration and noise of amorphous alloy cores," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 51, 1-8, Apr. 2015.
20. Kuruzar, M. E. and B. D. Cullity, "The magnetostriction of iron under tensile and compressive stress," International Journal of Magnetism, Vol. 01, 323-325, 1971.
22. Takahashi, K., D. Azuma, and R. Hasegawa, "Acoustic and soft magnetic properties in amorphous alloy-based distribution transformer cores," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 7, 4001-4004, Jul. 2013. doi:10.1109/TMAG.2013.2238221
23. Chen, D., B. Hou, Z. Feng, and B. Bai, "Study of magnetostriction influence of electrical sheet steel under different DC biases," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 55, No. 2, 1-5, Art No. 2001305, Feb. 2019.