A super-wideband (SWB) antenna of enhanced performance is proposed to cover the frequency band from 3 to 30 GHz. The proposed antenna can be regarded as a two-arm antenna of fractal structure. Each of the antenna arms can be viewed as composed of multiple merged wideband fractal elements. Each fractal element is a wide-flare metallic sector-shaped radiator with circular (arc-shaped) edges to enhance the bandwidth over which the antenna impedance is matched to 50 Ω-feeder. A novel SWB balun is proposed for feeding the two-arm antenna of its balanced structure through the conventional coaxial feeder of its unbalanced structure. For experimental assessment of its performance, the proposed antenna is fabricated and measured by a vector network analyzer (VNA). The experimental results come in agreement with the results obtained by the CST® simulator. It is shown that the proposed antenna has a ratio bandwidth (RBW) of 10:1, percentage bandwidth (%BW) of 164%, and bandwidth-dimension ratio (BDR) of 1952. The efficiency of radiation of the proposed antenna is shown to begreater than 98% over most of the operational frequency band.
Mohamed Salah Fouad,
Asmaa Elsayed Farahat,
Khalid Fawzy Ahmed Hussein,
Abdelhameed Abdelmoneim Shaalan,
Mai Fouad Ahmed,
"Super-Wideband Fractal Antenna for Future Generations of Wireless Communication," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 136, 137-149, 2023. doi:10.2528/PIERC23042507
1. Sagne, D. and R. A. Pandhare, "Design and analysis of inscribed fractal super wideband antenna for microwave applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 121, 49-63, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC22030703
2. Dey, S. and N. C. Karmakar, "Design of novel super wide band antenna close to the fundamental dimension limit theory," Scientific Reports, Vol. 10, No. 1, 1-15, 2020. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-56847-4
3. Azim, R., M. T. Islam, H. Arshad, Md. M. Alam, N. Sobahi, and A. I. Khan, "CPW-fed super-wideband antenna with modified vertical bow-tie-shaped patch for wireless sensor networks," IEEE Access, Vol. 9, 5343-5353, 2020.
4. Srifi, M. N., O. El Mrabet, F. Falcone, M. S. Ayza, and M. Essaaidi, "A novel compact printed circular antenna for very ultrawideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 4, 1130-1133, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24261
5. Singhal, S. and A. K. Singh, "CPW-fed hexagonal Sierpinski super wideband fractal antenna," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 10, No. 15, 1701-1707, 2016. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.0154
6. Okan, T., "A compact octagonal-ring monopole antenna for super wideband applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 3, 1237-1244, 2020. doi:10.1002/mop.32117
7. Alluri, S. and N. Rangaswamy, "Compact high bandwidth dimension ratio steering-shaped super wideband antenna for future wireless communication applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 62, No. 12, 3985-3991, 2020. doi:10.1002/mop.32541
8. Ouf, E. G., M. A. El-Hassan, A. E. Farahat, K. F. A. Hussein, and S. A. Mohassieb, "Super-wideband two-arm antenna for future generations of mobile communications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 2023.
9. Ouf, E. G. E., M. A. E. Abo-Elhassan, A. E. Farahat, K. F. A. Hussein, and S. Mohassieb, "High performance two-arm antenna for super wideband operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 125, 105-115, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC22090701
10. Hussein, K. F. A., "Optimized wideband impedance matching balun for conducting two-arm antennas," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2014, Oct. 2014.
11. Hussein, K. F. A., "Accurate representation of excitation and loading for arbitrarily shaped antennas composed of conducting surfaces in the method of moments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 36, 151-171, 2011.
12. Stutzman, W. L. and G. A. Thiele, Antenna Theory and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
13. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, 2016.
14. Nan, J., J. Pan, X. Han, and Y. Wang, "Design of a novel superwideband dual port antenna with second-order Hilbert branches and a modified T-decoupling structure," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2023, 2023.
15. Ayyappan, M. and P. Patel, "On design of a triple elliptical super wideband antenna for 5G applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 10, 76031-76043, 2022. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3185241