This paper proposes a dual notches ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter (BPF) with high selectivity and wide stopband. It is composed ofa novel multi-mode resonator (MMR) known as a double-T-shaped open stub-loaded MMR, a pair of interdigital coupled lines, and folded split ring resonator. The MMR is designed to place the resulting resonant modes within the UWB passband, then add interdigital coupled lines to achieve strong coupling, resulting in a flat passband. Afterward, multiple complimentary folded split ring resonators (CFSRRs) and folded split ring resonators (FSRRs) are embedded into the designed basic UWB filter to develop dual notches at the desired frequency. The filter is simulated and manufactured using low-cost high-frequency dielectric substrate F4BM. The measurement results agree well with the simulation data. Multiple notches centered on 5.8 and 8 GHz effectively suppress unwanted signals from 5.8 GHz WLAN and 8 GHz satellite systems simultaneously. In addition, two transmission zeros on both sides of the passband are located at 2.7 GHz and 10.76 GHz, respectively, so that the sharp skirt selectivity is improved to 0.857. The measured filter can exhibit high sharp selectivity and wider stopband at the same time.
Yun Xiu Wang,
Xiao Tao Yao,
"Highly Selective UWB BPF with Dual Notched Bands Using Split Ring Resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 136, 51-60, 2023. doi:10.2528/PIERC23060706
1. FCC, "Revision of part 15 of the commission's rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission system," ET-Docket, 98153, Washington, 2002.
2. Razzaz, F., S. M. Saeed, and M. A. S. Alkanhal, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filters using tapered resonators," Applied Sciences, Vol. 12, No. 7, 3699, 2022. doi:10.3390/app12073699
3. Chu, Q.-X. and X.-K. Tian, "Design of UWB bandpass filter using stepped-impedance stub-loaded resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 20, No. 9, 501-503, 2010. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2010.2053024
4. Kumari, P., P. Sarkar, and R. Ghatak, "Design of a compact UWB BPF with a fractal tree stub loaded multimode resonator," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 15, No. 1, 5561, 2021. doi:10.1049/mia2.12025
5. Yao, B., Y. Zhou, Q. Cao, and Y. Chen, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with improved upper-stopband performance," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 1, 27-29, 2009. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2008.2008558
6. Ghazali, A. N., M. Sazid, and B. Virdee, "A compact UWB-BPF based on microstrip-to-CPW transition with multiple transmission zeros," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., 60, 2018.
7. Sun, X. and E. L. Tan, "Novel ultra-wideband filter using coplanar-waveguide-to-microstrip transition and stubs," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 55, No. 10, 22692271, 2013. doi:10.1002/mop.27870
8. Ghazali, A. N., M. Sazid, and S. Pal, "A miniaturized microstrip-to-CPW transition based UWB- BPF with sharp roll-off and minimum insertion loss," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 58, No. 2, 289-293, 2016. doi:10.1002/mop.29551
9. Lin, H., X. Xia, Z. Guo, H. Jin, and T. Yang, "Compact high selectivity UWB filter using composite CPW-microstrip structure," IEICE Electron. Exp., Vol. 13, No. 24, 16, 2016.
10. Wang, Y. X., L. Zhu, and S. B. Zhang, "High-selective wideband bandpass filter with adjustable notched-band using stub-loaded resonator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 49, No. 24, 1542-1544, 2013. doi:10.1049/el.2013.2821
11. Weng, M. H., C. W. Hsu, S. W. Lan, and R. Y. Yang, "An ultra-wideband bandpass filter with a notch band and wide upper bandstop performances," Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 24, 11.1316, 2019.
12. Zhu, H. and Q.-X. Chu, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter with a notch-band using stub-loaded ring resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 23, No. 7, 341-343, 2013. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2262928
13. Li, J., C. Ding, F. Wei, and X. W. Shi, "Compact UWB BPF with notch band based on SW-HMSIW," Electronics Letters, Vol. 51, No. 17, 1338-1339, 2015. doi:10.1049/el.2015.0449
14. Ghazali, A. N., M. Sazid, and S. Pal, "A miniaturized low-cost microstrip-to-coplanar waveguide transition-based ultra-wideband bandpass filter with multiple transmission zeros," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 62, No. 12, 3662-3667, 2020. doi:10.1002/mop.32482
15. Ghazali, A. N. and M. Sazid, "Design of multiple transmission zeros-enabled compact broadband BPFs based on microstrip-to-CPW transition technology," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 14, No. 5, 546552, 2022. doi:10.1017/S1759078721000763
16. Sarkar, P., R. Ghatak, M. Pal, and D. R. Poddar, "High-selective compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notch bands," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 7, 448-450, 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2014.2316214
17. Song, Y., G.-M. Yang, and W. Geyi, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with dual notched bands using defected ground structures," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 24, No. 4, 230-232, 2014. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2013.2296291
18. Chen, C. P., N. Kato, and T. Anada, "Synthesis scheme for wideband filters consisting of three coupled-lines including the cross coupling between non-adjacent lines," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 9, No. 14, 1558-1566, 2015. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2014.0467
19. Sazid, M., N. S. Raghava, and A. N. Ghazali, "UWB-BPF based on broadside coupled technology with triple-notched passband," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 65, No. 7, 1910-1916, 2023. doi:10.1002/mop.33651
20. Ghazali, A. N., M. Sazid, and S. Pal, "A surface-to-surface transition based UWB bandpass filter with triple in-band notches," International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 157, 154411, 2022. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2022.154411