In this article, we design a reconfigurable bandwidth based on a concentric ring slot antenna using graphene. The developed antenna has good agreement between simulated and experimental results. The use of graphene in Terahertz (THz) has shown better performance than metal, and the variation in the chemical potential of graphene provides excellent performance properties, good return loss reaching -33.288 dB, bandwidth reconfiguration from 255 GHz to 406 GHz, and a good gain. These results are promising for THz applications and particularly for the application of medical imaging. The modeling and validation are performed using the CST Simulator.
2. Vasconcelos, C. F. L., S. G. da Silva, M. R. M. L. Albuquerque, J. de Ribamar Silva Oliveira, and A. G. d’Assuncao, "Annular ring microstrip patch antenna on a double dielectric anistropic substrate," PIERS 2009 in Moscow Proceedings, 18-21, Moscow, Russia, August 18–21, 2009.
3. Kaur, H. and M. Aggawal, "Design of microstip patch antenna by introducing defected ground structure," International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Application, Vol. 99, 14-24, 2018.
4. Saturday, J., et al., "Design of dual band microstrip antenna using reactive loading technique," Mathematical and Software Engineering, Vol. 2, 114-121, 2016.
5. Costantine, J., et al., "Reconfigurable antenna design and application," Proceeding of the IEEE, Vol. 103, 424-437, 2015.
6. Azizi, M. K., M. A. Ksiksi, H. Ajlani, and A. Gharsallah, "Terahertz graphene-based reconfigurable patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 71, 69-76, 2017.
7. Mazlouman, S., et al., "Pattern reconfigurable square ring patch antenna actuated by hemispherical dielectric elastomer," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, 164-165, 2011.
8. Surface, H., et al., "Design of a beam reconfigurable THz antenna with graphene-based switchable," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, Vol. 11, 836-842, 2012.
9. Christos, G., et al., "Reconfigurable antenna for wireless and space application," Proceeding IEEE, Vol. 100, 2250-2261, 2012.
10. Georgakilas, V., Functionalisation of Graphene, 21-23, Wiley-VCH, 2014.
11. Kuman, K., et al., Graphene-based Polymer, 8-11, Springer, 2015.
12. Choi, W. and J. Lee, "Graphene synthesis and application," Nanomaterials and Their Application, 10-13, 2012.
13. Liang, T., et al., "From solid carbon sources to graphene," Chinese Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 34, 32-40, 2015.
14. Jang, S., et al., "Graphene-graphene oxide floating gate transistor memory," Small Nano Micro, Vol. 11, 311-318, 2015.
15. Dong, Y. and P. Liu, "Dual-band reconfigurable terahertz patch antenna with graphene-stack-based backing cavity," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society, Vol. 15, 1541-1544, 2016.
16. Zhang, H. and Y. Jiang, "A broadband terahertz antenna using graphene," 11th International Symposuim on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory (ISDPE), 149-152, 2016.
17. Inum, R., et al., "Performance analysis of graphene based nanodipole antenna on staked substrate," 2nd International Conference on Electrical Computer and Telecomunication Engineering (ICECTE), 1-4, 2016.
18. Bala, R., et al., "Investigation of graphene based miniaturized terahertz antenna for novel substrate materials," Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 531-537, 2015.
19. Hlali, A., Z. Houaneb, and H. Zairi, "Dual-band reconfigurable graphene-based patch antenna in terahertz band: Design, analysis and modeling using WCIP method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 87, 213-226, 2018.
20. Hlali, A., et al., "Tunable filter based on hybrid metal-graphene structures over an ultrawide terahertz band using an improved wave concept iterative process method," Optik, Vol. 181, 223-231, 2019.