Closed-form expressions for the input impedance of halfwavelength rectangular microstrip antennas fed by coaxial connectors of different sizes at any point on any one of the non-radiating edges and open-circuited at the other ends are derived. Good agreement between computed and measured data is obtained.
1. Saed, M. and R. Yadla, "Microstrip-fed low profile and compact dielectric resonator antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 151-162, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05041401
2. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, K. F. Lee, C. E. Smith, and D. Kajfez, "Microstrip line and cpw fed ultra wideband slot antennas with u-shaped tuning stuband reflector," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 163-182, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05060701
3. Shynu, S. V., G. Augustin, C. K. Aanandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "Design of compact reconfigurable dual frequency microstrip antennas using varactor diodes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 197-205, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05120101
4. Guney, K. and N. Sarikaya, "Resonant frequency calculation for circular microstrip antennas with a dielectric cover using adaptive network-based fuzzy inference system optimized by various algorithms ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 279-306, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07031302
5. Liu, S. F., X. W. Shi, and S. D. Liu, "Study on the impedance-matching technique for high-temperature superconducting microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 281-284, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07082502
6. Bhattacharjee, A. K., S. R. Bhadra Chaudhury, D. R. Poddar, and S. K. Chowdhury, "Equivalence of impedance and radiation properties of square and circular microstrip patch antennas," Proc. IEE, Pt. H, 1989.
7. Deb, D., A. Gupta, S. Das, D. Patil, and A. K. Bhattacharjee, "Empirical expressions for the input impedance of rectangular microstrip antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters , Vol. 4, No. 6, 222-224, 1991. doi:10.1002/mop.4650040604
8. Kundu, T. R., R. Kar, S. Chatterjee, N. Hazra, H. Chakraborty, A. Kesh, J. Chakraborty, T. Sengupta, S. Roy, and A. K. Bhattacharjee, "Input impedance of rectangular microstrip antennas on non-radiating edges ," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 33, No. 1, 28-31, 2002. doi:10.1002/mop.10221
9. Schneider, M. V., B. Glance, and W. F. Bodtmann, "Microwave and millimeter wave hybrid integrated circuits for radio systems ," Bell System Technical Journal, 1703-1725, 1969.
10. Arlinghaus, S. L., Practical Handbook of Curve Fitting, CRC Press, 1994.