A novel feed network for microstrip antenna array is presented. By using the novel feeding structure, a high-performance Ku-band antenna is designed and fabricated. The 32 elements of the array are arranged in a 2-by-16 configuration. The measured peak gain at centre frequency is 22.93 dBi with an aperture efficiency of 70.5%. The antenna has less than -15 dB return loss and less than -12.3 dB SLL from 11.75 GHz-12.75 GHz.
"Design and Testing of High-Performance Antenna Array with a Novel Feed Network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 5, 153-160, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERM08111604
1. Wang, H., X. B. Huang, D. G. Fang, and G. B. Han, "A microstrip antenna array formed by microstrip line fed tooth-like-slot patches," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 4, 1210-1214, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.893428
2. Yuan, T., N. Yuan, L.-W. Li, and M.-S. Leong, "Design and analysis of phased antenna array with low sidelobe by fast algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 131-147, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08092401
3. Abdelaziz, A. A., "Improving the performance of an antenna array by using radar absorbing cover," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 129-138, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL07112503
4. Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M., "Novel ku band fan beam reflector back array antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 95-103, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08021503
5. Busuioc, D., A. Borji, M. Shahabadi, and S. Safavi-Naeini, "High efficiency antenna array with optimized corporate hybrid feed," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 2006, 1503-1506, July 9-14, 2006.
6. Horng, T.-S. and N. G. Alexopoulos, "Corporate feed design for microstrip arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 41, No. 12, 1615-1624, 1993. doi:10.1109/8.273304
7. Fu, Y. Q., Q. R. Zheng, Q. Gao, and G. H. Zhang, "Mutual coupling reduction between large antenna array using electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structures ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 6, 819-825, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776143415
8. He, Q.-Q. and B.-Z. Wang, "Design of microstrip array antenna by using active element pattern technique combining with taylor synthesis method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 63-76, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07103006
9. Splitt, G. and M. Davidovitz, "Guidelines for design of electromagnetically coupled microstrippatch antennas on two-layer substrates," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 38, No. 7, 1136-1140, 1990. doi:10.1109/8.55633
10. Jarchi, S., J. Rashed-Mohassel, and M. H. Neshati, "Mutual coupling of rectangular DRA in four element circular array," Progress In Electromagnetics Resarch Symposium 2007, 2000-2004, Beijing, China, March 26-30, 2007.
11. Levine, E., G. Malamud, S. Shtrikman, and D. Treves, "A study of microstrip array antennas with the feed network," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 37, No. 4, 426-434, 1989. doi:10.1109/8.24162
12. Lu, K. H. and T.-N. Chan, "Circularly polarized array antenna with corporate-feed network and series-feed elements," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 10, 3288-3292, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.856331
13. Gray, D. P., C. B. Ravipati, and L. Shafai, "Corporate fed microstrip arrays with non radiating edge fed microstrip patches," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium 1998, 1130-1133, June 21-26, 1998.
14. Cui, B., C. Wang, and X.-W. Sun, "Microstrip array double-antenna (MADA) technology applied in millimeter wave compact radar front-end," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 125-136, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06110902