In this paper, a triple-band printed dipole tag antenna is proposed for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID). The triple-band printed dipole antenna is designed to operate at 0.92 GHz, 2.45 GHz and 5.8 GHz using Computer Simulation Technology (CST) software. In order to achieve triple-band operation, the proposed antenna contains two branch elements, which act as an additional resonator. The designed antenna is fabricated using Taconic RF-35 substrate with a dielectric constant (εr) of 3.5 and thickness (d) of 0.508 mm. The antenna's parameters for triple-band operation are investigated and discussed. Then, this fabricated antenna is integrated with a UHF microchip to become a passive UHF tag. This tag is tested by measuring the reading distance and it is found that the proposed tag can be used for RFID application.
1. Lehpamer, H., RFID Design Principles, Artech House, 2008.
2. Chen, Z. N., Antenna for Portable Devices, 71-72, John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
3. Chang, K., H. Kim, K. S. Hwang, I. J. Yoon, and Y. J. Yoon, "A triple-band printed dipole antenna using parasitic elements," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 47, 221-223, 2005. doi:10.1002/mop.21129
4. Wu, Y.-J., B.-H. Sun, J.-F. Li, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Triple-band omni-directional antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 76, 477-484, 2007.
5. John, M. and M. J. Ammann, "Integrated antenna for multiband multi-national wireless combined with GSM1800/PCS1900/IMT2000+Extension," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 48, No. 3, 613-615, March 2006. doi:10.1002/mop.21423
6. Li, X., L. Yang, S.-X. Gong, Y.-J. Yang, and J.-F. Liu, "A compact folded printed dipole antenna for UHF Reader," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 47-54, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERL08121303
7. Kshetrimayum, R. S., P. Ramu, and S. S Karthikeyan, "Single printed monopole antenna and notched antenna with triangular tapered feed lines for triband and pentaband applications," Proc. Annual IEEE Indicon, Bangalore, India, September 2007.
8. Elrazzak, M. M. and M. F. Alsharekh, "A compact wideband stacked antenna for the tri-band GPS applications," Active and Passive Electronic Components, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2008.
9. Pokorny, M., J. Horak, and Z. Raida, "Planar tri-band antenna design," Radioengineering, Vol. 17, No. 1, April 2008.
10. Alkanhal, M. A. S., "Composite compact triple-band microstrip antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 93, 221-236, 2009.