A compact wide-slot antenna fed by microstrip-line for wideband operation is proposed and studied. The proposed antenna consists of a microstrip-fed line and a wide rectangular slot with a reverse L-shaped slot. The proposed antenna resonates the 10-dB bandwidth from 2.17 GHz to 6.25 GHz, and these frequency bands cover the standard IEEE 802.11b/g (2.4--2.485 GHz) and IEEE 802.11a (5.15--5.35 GHz, 5.725--5.875 GHz) for WLAN applications and 2.5 GHz (2.5--2.69 GHz), 3.5 GHz (3.3--3.8 GHz) and 5GHz (5.25--5.85 GHz) for WiMAX applications. In order to remove unwanted bands, we used two methods to reject the bands. By inserting a strip in the slot of the broadband antenna, a reject frequency band from 4.13 to 4.95 GHz can be obtained; by etching a U-slot on the the broadband antenna, a reject frequency band from 2.96 to 3.17 GHz can be achieved. The slot antenna with dual band-notched for WiMAX operation has been obtained. Detailed design and experimental results are shown and discussed in this paper.
"A Compact Microstrip-Line-Fed Slot Antenna with Dual-Band Notched for WiMAX
Operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 16, 13-23, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERC10080803
1. Chen, H. D., "Broadband CPW-fed square slot antennas with a widened tuning stub," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, 1982-August 1986, 2003.
2. Chiou, J. Y., J. Y. Sze, and K. L. Wong, "A broad-band CPW-fed strip-loaded square slot antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, 719-721, April 2003.
3. Jiao, J.-J., G. Zhao, F.-S. Zhang, H.-W. Yuan, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A broadband CPW-fed T-shape slot antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 237-242, 2007.
4. Saed, M. A., "Broadband CPW-fed planar slot antennas with various tuning stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 199-212, 2006.
5. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, K.-F. Lee, C. E. Smith, and D. Kajfez, "Microstrip line and CPW fed ultra wideband slot antennas with U-shaped tuning stub and reflector," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 163-182, 2006.
6. Chen, W. S. and B. H. Kao, "A triple-band polygonal slot antenna for WiMAX applications," Microwave Journal, Vol. 50, 134-143, January 2007.
7. Jan, J. Y. and J. W. Su, "Bandwidth enhancement of a printed wide-slot antenna with a rotated slot," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, 2111-2114, June 2005.
8. Jan, J. Y. and J. C. Kao, "Novel printed wide-band rhombus-like slot antenna with an offset microstrip-fed line," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagat. Lett., Vol. 6, 249-251, 2007.
9. Kalteh, A.-A., R. Fallahi, and M. G. Roozbahani, "A novel microstrip-fed UWB circular slot antenna with 5-GHz band-notch characteristics," IEEE ICUWB, 117-120, September 2008.
10. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Two novel band-notched UWB slot antennas fed by microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008.
11. Sadat, S., M. Fardis, F. G. Gharakhili, and G. Dadashzadeh, "A compact microstrip square-ring slot antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 173-179, 2007.
12. Chen, W. S. and K. Y. Ku, "Band-rejected design of the printed open slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX operation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 56, 1163-1169, April 2008.
13. Li, C. S. and C. W. Chiu, "A CPW-fed band-notched slot antenna for UWB applications," IEEE APS 2008, 1-4, July 2008.