In this paper, a reduced size dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider (WPD) is presented. The miniaturization is accomplished by using two sections of non-uniform transmission line transformers in place of the two uniform sections in the conventional dual-frequency WPD. Two isolation resistors are also used to achieve good isolation between the output ports. Optimization is carried out based on simple uniform transmission line theory. For verification purposes, a dual-frequency WPD operating at 0.5 GHz and 1 GHz is designed, analyzed and fabricated.
1. Tang, W., X. Wang, and Z. Wen, "Miniaturized microstrip dual band power divider on localized substrate integrated artificial dielectric," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 3, 644-648, March 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.24997
2. Alkanhal, M. A. S., Reduced-size dual band Wilkinson power dividers, Proceedings of the International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering, 1294-1298, May 13-15, 2008.
3. Zhang, J., L. Li, J. Gu, and X. Sun, "Compact and harmonic suppression Wilkinson power divider with short circuit anti-coupled line," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 9, 661-663, September 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2007.903453
4. Shao, L., H. Guo, X. Liu, W. Cai, and L. Mao, "A compact dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider with open-ended stubs," Proceedings of International Symposium on Signals, Systems and Electronics ISSSE, 2010.
5. Fang, S., H. Guo, X. Liu, and L. Mao, "A miniaturized dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider using planar artificial transmission lines," ICMMT Proceedings, 1588-1590, 2010.
6. Wu, Y.-L., H. Zhou, Y.-X. Zhang, and Y.-A. Liu, "An unequal Wilkinson power divider for a frequency and its first harmonic," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 11, 737-739, November 2008. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2008.2005226
7. Wu, L., Z. Sun, H. Yilmaz, and M. Berroth, "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 1, 278-284, January 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.884655
8. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, J. Gao, and H. Zhou, "A dual band unequal Wilkinson power divider without reactive components," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 57, No. 1, 216-222, January 2009. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2008.2008981
9. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Nonuniform transmission lines as compact uniform transmission lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 4, 205-211, 2008.
10. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.
11. Hosseini, F., M. Khalaj-Amir Hosseini, and M. Yazdani, "A miniaturized Wilkinson power divider using nonuniform transmission line ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, 917-924, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309788355243
12. Hosseini, F., M. K.-A. Hosseini, and M. Yazdani, "To compact ring branch-line coupler using non-uniform transmission line," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 11, 2679-2682, November 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24703
13. Dib, N. and M. Khodier, "Design and optimization of multiband wilkinson power divider," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, 14-20, January 2008. doi:10.1002/mmce.20261