A wide slot antenna fed by a microstrip line ended with a hexagonal tuning stub and its variation with dual band-notched function for ultrawideband operations are presented. The fundamental configuration is a rectangular slot on a printed circuit board with a low relative dielectric constant of 2.65. Three tuning stubs are employed at the edges of the slot to ensure the impedance matching. This original antenna achieves an operation bandwidth from 3.1 to 11.5 GHz with a stable gain performance and a very compact size of 22 mm×22 mm×0.5 mm. By etching a C-shaped slit and a Hilbert fractal curve slit on the original antenna without retuning, band-notched characteristics in the 3.40-3.69 GHz WiMAX band and the 5.15-5.825 GHz WLAN band can be realized, respectively. A rectangular patch is added to eliminate the spurious notched band around 10.5 GHz.
"Miniaturized Ultrawideband Wide Slot Antenna with Dual Band-Notches and Eliminating Spurious Stop Band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 30, 119-130, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERC12040310
1. Dissanayake, T. and K. P. Esselle, "UWB performance of compact L-shaped wide slot antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 4, 1183-1187, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.919221
2. Dong, Y. D., W. Hong, Z. Q. Kuai, C. Yu, Y. Zhang, J. Y. Zhou, and J.-X. Chen, "Development of ultrawideband antenna with multiple band-notched characteristics using half mode substrate integrated waveguide cavity technology," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2894-2902, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.928792
3. Sze, J.-Y. and J.-Y. Shiu, "Design of band-notched ultrawideband square aperture antenna with a hat-shaped back-patch," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 10, 3311-3314, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.929525
4. Zhou, H.-J., B.-H. Sun, Q.-Z. Liu, and J.-Y. Deng, "Implementation and investigation of U-shaped aperture UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 24, 1387-1388, 2008. doi:10.1049/el:20082661
5. Qing, X. and Z. N. Chen, "Compact coplanar waveguide-fed ultra-wideband monopole-like slot antenna," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, No. 5, 889-898, 2009. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2008.0075
6. Ye, L.-H. and Q.-X. Chu, "3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notch ultra-wideband slot antenna with compact size," Electron. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 5, 325-327, 2010. doi:10.1049/el.2010.2722
7. Li, W.-M., T. Ni, S.-M. Zhang, J. Huang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "UWB printed slot antenna with dual band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 25, 143-151, 2011.
8. Taheri, M. M. S., H. R. Hassani, and S. M. A. Nezhad, "UWB printed slot antenna with bluetooth and dual notch bands," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 255-258, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2119391
10. Abbosh, A. M. and M. E. Bialkowski, "Design of UWB planar band-notched antenna using parasitic elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 3, 796-799, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2013449
11. Liu, W. X. and Y. Z. Yin, "Dual band-notched antenna with the parasitic strip for UWB," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 25, 21-30, 2011.
12. Dong, Y. D., W. Hong, Z. Q. Kuai, and J. X. Chen, "Analysis of planar ultrawideband antennas with on-ground slot band-notched structures," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 7, 1886-1893, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2021910
13. Ryu, K. S. and A. Kishk, "UWB antenna with single or dual band-notches for lower WLAN band and upper WLAN band," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 12, 3942-3950, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2027727
14. Ren, L.-S., F. Li, J.-J. Zhao, G. Zhao, and Y.-C. Jiao, "A novel compact UWB antenna with 3.5/5.2/5.8 GHz triple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 131-139, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10061705