A compact quad-band rectangular wide-slot antenna is developed for GPS L1 band, 2.5/3.5/5.5 GHz WiMAX and 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN applications. The planar antenna consists of an L-shaped microstrip feed line and three stubs extending from the wide-slot on the ground plane. The performance of the antenna is enhanced by etching meander line on the top of the wide-slot. The proposed antenna has a size of 36*42*1 mm3 which is more compact than the previously reported antennas for the same application. The antenna has been simulated, fabricated and measured successfully. The measured results show that the antenna has the impedance bandwidths of 160 MHz (1.54-1.7 GHz), 380 MHz (2.38-2.76 GHz), 570 MHz (3.2-3.77 GHz) and 1130 MHz (5.12-6.25 GHz) for S11 ≤ -10 dB. In addition, good radiation characteristics and stable antenna gains over the operating bands are obtained.
"Quad-Band Rectangular Wide-Slot Antenna for GPS/WiMAX
/WLAN Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 30, 201-211, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERC12041301
1. Wu, Y.-J., B.-H. Sun, J.-F. Li, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Triple-band omni-directional antenna for WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 477-484, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07080601
2. Zhao, G., F.-S. Zhang, Y. Song, Z. B. Wang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact ring monopole antenna with double meander lines for 2.4/5.2 GHz dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 187-194, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07031405
3. Liu, W.-C., M. Ghavami, and W.-C. Chung, "Triple-frequency meandered monopole antenna with shorted parasitic strips for wireless application," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 3, 1110-1117, 2009. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2008.0204
4. Kuo, Y.-L. and K.-L. Wong, "Printed double-T monopole antenna for 2.4/5.2 GHz dual-band WLAN operations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 9, 2187-2192, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.816391
5. Han, Y., Y.-Z. Yin, Y.-Q. Wei, Y. Zhao, B. Li, and X.-N. Li, "A novel triple-band monopole antenna with double C-shaped strips for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 8-9, 1308-1316, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311795762150
6. Li, Z. Q., C. L. Ruan, L. Peng, and X. H. Wu, "Design of simple multi-band antenna with a parasitic C-shaped strip," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 14-15, 1921-1929, 2010.
7. He, K., R.-X. Wang, and B.-H. Sun, "Compact tri-band claw-shaped monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 5-6, 869-877, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311794827104
8. Liu, , W.-C., C.-M. Wu, and Y. Dai, "Design of triple-frequency microstrip-fed monopole antenna using defected ground structure," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 9, 2457-2463, 2012.
9. Hu, W. , Y.-Z. Yin, P. Fei, and X. Yang, "Compact triband square-slot antenna with symmetrical L-strips for WLAN/WiMAX applications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 462-465, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2154372
10. Li, C. M., K. Wang, and C. K. Chen, "Small tri-band monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 8-9, 1297-1307, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311795762132
11. Zhao, Q., S.-X. Gong, W. Jiang, B. Yang, and J. Xie, "Compact triple-band wide-slot tri-band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 18, 9-18, 2012.
12. Ren, F.-C., F.-S. Zhang, J.-H. Bao, B. Chen, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact triple-frequency slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX operations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 26, 21-30, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIERL11071906
13. Sun, X., G. Zeng, H.-C. Yang, Y. Li, X.-J. Liao, L. Wang, "Design of an edge-fed quad-band slot antenna for GPS/WiMAX/WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 28, 111-120, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERL11080407
14. Liu, W.-C., C.-C. Song, S.-H. Chung, and J.-L. Jaw, "Strip-loaded CPW-fed pentagonal antenna for GPS/WiMAX/WLAN applications," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 1, 48-52, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.23979
15. Chen, Z. N., T. S. P. See, and X. Qing, "Small printed ultrawideband antenna with reduced ground plane effect," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 2, 383-388, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.889823