This paper presents a modified Gysel power divider (PD) with harmonic suppression performance by utilizing equivalent Π-shaped, T-shaped and Π-T-hybrid-shaped open stubs transmission line (TL) models. Explicit closed-form expressions for generating parameters of the equivalent TL models are derived based on the ABCD matrix analysis. The proposed PD not only features suppression at the hoped harmonic frequencies and flexible layout, but also maintains Gysel PD's high power handling advantage. For demonstration, the simulated and experimental results of three proposed PDs at 1 GHz implemented on microstrip are given.
1. Gysel, U. H., "A new N-way power divider/combiner suitable for high-power applications," IEEE-MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, 116-118, 1975.
2. Wilkinson, E. J., "An N-way hybrid power divider ," IRE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 8, 116-118, 1960.
3. Ardemagni, F., "An optimized L-band eight-way gysel power divider-combiner," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 31, 491-495, 1983.
4. Fartookzadeh, M., S. H. Mohseni Armaki, and M. Kazerooni, "A novel 180o hybrid based on the modified gysel power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 27, 209-222, 2012.
5. Zhang, H. , X.-W. Shi, F. Wei, and L. Xu, "Compact wideband gysel power divider with arbitrary power division based on patch type structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 395-406, 2011.
6. Wu, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Li, "An unequal dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider with optional isolation structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 91, 393-411, 2009.
7. Deng, P.-H., J.-H. Guo, and W.-C. Kuo, "New Wilkinson power dividers based on compact stepped-impedance transmission lines and shunt open stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 407-426, 2012.
8. Li, B., X. Wu, N. Yang, and W. Wu, "Dual-band equal/unequal Wilkinson power dividers based on coupled-line section with short-circuited stub," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 163-178, 2011.
9. Sun, Z. Y., L. J. Zhang, Y. P. Yan, and H. W. Yang, "Design of unequal dual-band gysel power divider with arbitrary termination resistance," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 59, 1955-1962, 2011.
10. Shamaileh, K. A. A., A. M. Qaroot, and N. I. Dib, "Non-uniform transmission line transformers and their application in the design of compact multi-band Bagley power dividers with harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 269-284, 2011.
11. Duk-Jae, W. and L. Taek-Kyung, "Suppression of harmonics in Wilkinson power divider using dual-band rejection by asymmetric DGS," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, 2139-2144, 2005.
12. Lin, C. M., H. H. Su, J. C. Chiu, and Y. H. Wang, "Wilkinson power divider using microstrip EBG cells for the suppression of harmonics," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, 700-702, 2007.
13. Yi, K.-H. and B. Kang, "Modified Wilkinson power divider for nth harmonic suppression," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 13, 178-180, 2003.
14. Cheng, K. K. M. and W.-C. IP, "A novel power divider design with enhanced spurious suppression and simple structure," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 58, 3903-3908, 2010.
15. Mondal, P. and A. Chakrabarty, "Design of miniaturised branch-line and rat-race hybrid couplers with harmonics suppression," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 3, 109-116, 2009.
16. Mondal, P. and A. Chakrabarty, "Harmonic suppression and size reduction of planar rat- race hybrid couplers," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, APMC, 671-673, 2006.
17. Srisathit, K. , P. Jadpum, and W. Surakampontorn, "Miniature Wilkinson divider and hybrid, coupler with harmonic suppression, using T-shaped transmission line," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, APMC, 1-4, 2007.
18. Velidi, V. K. and A. Bhattacharya, "A stub tapped compact hybrid coupler with broad-band harmonic rejection," TENCON 2008 --- IEEE Region 10 Conference,, 1-5, 2008.