This article presents an efficient method for characterization of substrate integrated passive circuits. The analysis is based on the wave concept formulation and the iterative resolution of a system of two equations between incident and re ected waves. Simulations obtained are compared with analytical references and HFSS simulations. A good agreement is achieved with computation time saving.
Ahmad Ismail Alhzzoury,
"WCIP Applied to Substrate Integrated Waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 33, 171-184, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIERC12082715
1. Simpson, J. J., A. Taflove, J. A. Mix, and H. Heck, "Computational and experimental study of a microwave electromagnetic bandgap structure with wave guiding defect for potential use as a bandpass wireless interconnect," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 14, 343-345, 2004. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2004.829283
2. Yang, H.-Y. D., R. Kin, and D. R. Jackson, "Design consideration for modeless integrated circuit substrates using planar periodic patches," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 48, 2233-2239, 2000. doi:10.1109/22.898969
3. Chow, Y. L. and W. Che, "Successive SIW (substrate integrated waveguides) types for width reductions by physical reasoning and formulas by analytical (use of) MoM," IEEE Microwave and Millimetre Wave Technology, 1746-1749, 2008. doi:10.1109/ICMMT.2008.4540811
4. Macchiarella, G. and S. Tamiazzo, "Design techniques for dual-passband filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3265-3271, Nov. 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.855749
5. Zairi, H., H. Baudrand, A. Gharsallah, and A. Hafidh Gharbi, "An efficient iterative method for analysis of a substrate integrated waveguide structures," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 1, Jan. 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.24825
6. Trabelsi, H., A. Gharsallah, and H. Baudrand, "Analysis of microwave circuits including lumped elements based on the iterative method," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 13, 269-275, 2003. doi:10.1002/mmce.10084
7. Zaabat, M., H. Amri, and H. Baudrand, "Rigorous approach of the planar circuit," The Online Journal on Electronics and Electrical Engineering (OJEEE), Vol. 2, 255-258, 2009.
8. Raveu, N., T. P. Vuong, I. Terrasse, G.-P. Piau, G. Fontgalland, and H. Baudrand, "Wave concept iterative procedure applied to cylinders," IEEE Proceedings on Microwave, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 151, No. 5, 409-416, Oct. 2004. doi:10.1049/ip-map:20040763
9. Wang, Y. Y., Y. J. Xie, and H. Feng, "Analysis of cylindrically conformal microstrip structures using an iterative method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 215-231, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08102402
10. Raveu, N. and H. Baudrand, "Metallic EBG characterization with the WCIP," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium, APS-URSI, Charlestown, 2009.
11. Chen, X., W. Hong, T. Cui, J. Chen, and K. Wu, "Substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) linear phase filte,", Vol. 15, No. 11, 787-789, Nov. 2005.
12. Alhzzoury, A. I., A. I., N. Raveu, G. Prigent, O. Pigaglio, H. Baudrand, and K. Al-Abdullah, "Substrate integrated waveguide filter design with wave concept iterative procedure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 53, No. 12, 2939-2942, Dec. 2011. doi:10.1002/mop.26381