1. Thompson, P., B. Evans, L. Castanet, M. Bousquet, and T. Mathiopoulos, "Concepts and technologies for a Terabit/s satellite," SPACOMM 2011, 12-19, Budapest, Hungary, 2011.
2. Panagopoulos, A. D., P.-D. M. Arapoglou, and P. G. Cottis, "Satellite communications at Ku, Ka and V bands: Propagation impairments and mitigation techniques," IEEE Communication Surveys and Tutorials, Vol. 6, No. 3, 2-14, 2004.
3. Maseng, T. and P. Bakken, "A stochastic dynamic model of rain attenuation," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 29, No. 5, 660-669, 1981.
4. Burgueno, A., E. Vilar, and M. Puigcerver, "Spectral analysis of 49 years of rainfall rate and relation to fade dynamics," IEEE Transactions on Communication, Vol. 38, No. 9, 1359-1366, 1990.
5. Kourogiorgas, C. I., et al., "Analysis of 15-months rain rate measurements at NTUA campus," 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 505-509, Prague, Czech Republic, March 26-30, 2012.
6. Skraparlis, D., V. K. Sakarellos, A. D. Panagopoulos, and J. D. Kanellopoulos, "Performance of N-branch receive diversity combining in correlated lognormal channels," IEEE Communication Letters, Vol. 13, No. 7, 489-491, July 2009.
7. Ismail, A. F. and P. A. Watson, "Characteristics of fading and fade countermeasures on a satellite-earth link operating in an equatorial climate, with reference to broadcast applications," IEE Proc. Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 147, No. 5, 369-373, 2000.
8. Matricciani, E., "Time diversity as a rain attenuation counter-measure in satellite links in the 10-100 GHz frequency bands," European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP06), 1-6, Nice, France, 2006.
9. Fukuchi, H., "Slant path attenuation analysis at 20 GHz for time-diversity reception of future satellite broadcasting," URSI-F Open Symposium Colloque, 6.5.1-6.5.4, Ravenscar, UK, 1992.
10. Ventouras, S., C. L. Wrench, and S. A. Callaghan, "Measurement and analysis of satellite beacon transmissions at frequencies up to 50 GHz. Part 2: Fade & inter-fade duration," , RCRU Project Report D40-3, 2001.
11. Udofia, K. M. and I. E. Otung, "Evaluating time diversity performance on an on-board processing satellite to earth station downlink," Second International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies, 325, 2008.
12. Arapoglou, P.-D. M., A. D. Panagopoulos, and P. G. Cottis, "An analytical prediction model of time diversity performance for earth-space fade mitigation," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 2008, 5 Pages, 2008.
13. Fabbro, V., L. Castanet, S. Croce, and C. Riva, "Characterization and modelling of time diversity statistics for satellite communications from 12 to 50 GHz," International Journal of Satellite Communications, Vol. 27, 87-101, 2009.
14. Karlin, S. and H. M. Taylor, A First Course in Stochastic Processes, Academic Press, 1975.
15. Ornstein, L. S. and G. E. Uhlenbeck, "On the theory of brownian motion," Phys. Rev., Vol. 36, 823-841, 1930.
16. Stratonovich, R. L., Topics in the Theory of Random Noise, Vol. 1, Gordon and Breach, New York, 1963.
17. ITU-R. P. 618, , "Propagation data and prediction methods required for the design of earth-space telecommunication systems," , Geneva, 2009.
18. ITU-R. P. 1853-1, , "Tropospheric attenuation time series synthesis," International Telecommunication Union, Geneva, 2012.
19. Panagopulos, A. D. and J. D. Kanellopoulos, "On the rain attenuation dynamics: Spatial-temporal analysis of rainfall rate and fade duration statistics," International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking, 595-611, 2003.
20. Panagopoulos, A. D. and J. D. Kanellopoulos, "Spatio-temporal analysis of rainfall rate for the prediction of slant path fade duration statistics," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 3, 100-103, Boston, USA, July 8-13, 2001.