This paper presents method of moments based analysis of high-gain broad-band waveguide broad-wall longitudinal slot array antenna. Initially a basic two-element slot array antenna has been analyzed, and corresponding scattering parameter data have been obtained. The theoretical data have been compared with experimental data and Ansoft HFSS's simulated data to validate the proposed method. The excellent agreement obtained between the results validates the analysis. After validating the methodology attempts have been made to design a broad-band high-gain slot array antenna. An 18-element slot array antenna has been designed, fabricated and tested. The fabricated antenna provides a high gain over large band width.
Rintu Kumar Gayen,
"A High-Gain Broad-Band Waveguide Longitudinal Slot Array Antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 44, 239-249, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIERC13090604
1. Gupta, S., "Electromagnetic field estimation in aperture and slot antennas with their equivalent network representation," , Ph.D. Dissertation-Department of Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, India, 1996. doi:10.1109/TAP.1983.1143002
2. Elliott, R. S., "An improved design procedure for small arrays of shunt slots," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 31, No. 1, 48-53, Jan. 1983. doi:10.1049/el:19930011
3. Sangstar, A. J. and H. Wang, "Resonance properties of omni directional slot doublet in rectangular waveguide," Electronics Letters, Vol. 29, No. 1, 16-18, Jan. 1993. doi:10.1049/ip-map:19951641
4. Sangstar, A. J. and H. Wang, "Moment method analysis of a horizontally polarized omni directional slot array antenna," Proc. of IEE Microwave Antenna Propagation, Vol. 142, No. 1, 1-6, Feb. 1995.
5. Bastani, A. and J. Rashed-Mohassed, "Analysis of planar slotted-waveguide array antennas with longitudinal slots using the method of moments," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 1, 129-132, 2004. doi:10.2528/PIER10101905
6. Chen, Y., S. W. Liao, and J. Wei, "Unequally spaced and excited resonant slotted-waveguide antenna array based on an improved resonant-slot coupled cavity chain composite right/left-handed waveguide," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 110, 421-435, 2010.
7. Mahmoudi, G., H. Oraizi, K. Malekzadeh, and M. T. Noghani, "Design, optimization and VSWR improvement of a standing wave longitudinal slot array on a rectangular waveguide," 19th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 1-5, 2011.
8. Daliri, A., A. Galehdar, W. S. T. Rowe, K. Ghorbani, C. H.Wang, and S. John, "A spiral shaped slot as a broad-band slotted waveguide antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 177-192, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER06010302
9. Das, S., "Analysis of rectangular waveguide based passive devices and antennas using multiple cavity modeling technique," , Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Electronics & Electrical-Communication Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur, India, 2007.
10. Das, S. and A. Chakraborty, "A novel modeling technique to solve a class of rectangular waveguide based circuits and radiators," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 61, 231-252, 2006.
11. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, 5-7, Roger E. Krieger Publishing Company, USA, 1993.