Barrage and deceptive jamming can mask the synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signals and render SAR useless. In this paper, a novel jamming suppression method based on plolarization SAR (PolSAR) is proposed. After range compression, the barrage jamming has a noise-like characteristic while the real echo and deceptive jamming are focused. According to this, the barrage jamming is removed via a minimum entropy algorithm. Based on the different polarization characteristics between deceptive jamming and the real echo, the deceptive jamming can be suppressed by phase compensation in doppler domain. Simulation results are shown to demonstrate the validity of the proposed method.
1. Yang, W., J. Chen, H. Zeng, J. Zhou, P. Wang, and C. S. Li, "A novel three-step image formation scheme for unified focusing on spaceborne SAR data," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 137, 621-642, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12122309
2. Zhou, F., G. Sun, X. Bai, and Z. Bao, "A novel method for adaptive SAR barrage jamming suppression," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 9, No. 2, 292-296, 2012. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2011.2166753
3. Soumekh, M., "SAR-ECCM using phase-perturbed LFM chirp signals and DRFM repeat jammer penalization," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 42, No. 1, 191-205, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAES.2006.1603414
4. Kimura, H., T. Nakamura, and K. P. Papathanassiou, "Suppression of ground radar interference in JERS-1 SAR data," IEICE Transaction on Communication, Vol. E87B, 3759-3765, 2004.
5. Lu, G., B. Tang, and G. Gui, "Deception ECM signals cancellation processor with joint time-frequency pulse diversity," IEICE Electronics Express, Vol. 8, 1608-1613, 2011. doi:10.1587/elex.8.1608
6. Feng, J., H. Zheng, Y. Deng, and D. Gao, "Application of subband spectral cancellation for SAR narrow-band interference suppression," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 9, No. 2, 190-193, 2012. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2011.2163150
7. Rosenberg, L. and D. Gray, "Anti-jamming techniques for multichannel SAR imaging," IEE Proceedings: Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 153, No. 3, 234-242, 2006. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20045090
9. Brekke, C. and S. N. Anfinsen, "Ship detection in ice-infested waters based on dual-polarization SAR imagery," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 8, No. 3, 391-395, 2011. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2010.2078796
10. Dai, D. H., X. S. Wang, S. P. Xiao, and Y. Z. Li, "Discrimination and suppression of active-decoys jamming in PolSAR," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 9, 1779-1783, 2007.
11. Guo, R., G. C. Sun, F. Zhou, and M. D. Xing, "Jamming suppression in D-PolSAR System," Journal of Electronics and Information Technology, Vol. 32, 1343-1349, 2010.
12. Guo, R., G. C. Sun, Y.Wang, F. Zhou, and M. D. Xing, "Analysis of the active jamming suppression in polarimetric SAR," Journal of Astronautics, Vol. 32, 1365-1372, 2011.
13. Lim, T. S., V. C. Koo, H. T. Ewe, and H. T. Chuah, "A SAR autofocus algorithm based on particle swarm optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 159-176, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07102501
14. Wei, S. and Z. H. Fang, "Research on estimation of the Doppler centroid by Matlab," Chinese Journal of Ship Research, Vol. 3, No. 03, 51-55, 2004.