A novel compact slotline power divider is proposed in this article. This presented power divider employs a novel configuration with one lumped resistor, which makes it surpass most antecedent UWB power dividers based on microstrip-to-slotline transitions in aspect of isolation between output ports and return losses at output ports. The simulated and measured results illustrate the good performances of the novel power divider on return losses at all ports, isolation, amplitude and phase balances between output ports, as well as group delay over the wide frequency band from 3.8 GHz to 10.4 GHz.
"UWB Multilayer Power Divider with High Isolation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 50, 57-63, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERC14031501
1. Miguel, A., S. Soriano, E. Bronchalo, and G. T. Penalva, "Compact UWB bandpass filter based on signal interference techniques," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 19, No. 11, 692-694, Nov. 2009.
. Hsu, C. L., F. C. Hsu, and J. T. Kuo, "Microstrip bandpass filters for ultra-wideband (UWB) wireless communications," 2005 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, 12-17, Jun. 2005.
3. Hsiao, P.-Y. and R.-M. Weng, "Compact open-loop UWB filter with notched band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 7, 149-159, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERL09022501
4. Zhou, B., H. Wang, and W.-X. Sheng, "A modified UWB Wilkinson power divider using delta stub," Progress In Electromagnetics research Letters, Vol. 19, 49-55, 2010.
5. Hazeri, A. R., "An ultra wideband Wilkinson power divider," International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 99, No. 4, 575-584, Apr. 2012. doi:10.1080/00207217.2011.629227
6. Shamaileh, K. A., A. Qaroot, N. Dib, A. Sheta, and M. A. Alkanhal, "Analysis and design of ultra-wideband 3-way Bagley power divider using tapered lines transformers," International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, Vol. 2012, 1-6, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/197416
7. Abbosh, A. M., "Ultra-wideband three-way power divider using broadside-coupled microstrip-coplanar waveguide," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 1, 196-199, Jan. 2012. doi:10.1002/mop.26492
8. Seman, N., M. E. Bialkowski, and W. C. Khor, "Ultra-wideband Vias and power dividers in microstrip-slot technology," Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference 2007, 1-4, Dec. 2007. doi:10.1109/APMC.2007.4555115
9. Bialkowshi, M. E. and A. M. Abbosh, "Design of a compact UWB out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 4, 289-291, Apr. 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2007.892979
10. Bialkowshi, M. E., A. M. Abbosh, and N. Seman, "Compact Microwave six-port vector voltmeters for ultra-wideband applications," IEEE Trans. Microw. Thoery Tech., Vol. 55, No. 10, 2216-2223, Oct. 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.906539
11. Xiao, L., H. Peng, and T. Yang, "The design of a novel compact ultra-wideband (UWB) power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 44, 43-46, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERL13111205
12. Li, Q., X.-W. Shi, F. Wei, and J.-G. Gong, "A novel planar 180± out-of-phase power divider for UWB application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 1, 161-167, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311793898288
13. Peng, H., Z. Yang, Y. Liu, T. Yang, and K. Tan, "An improved UWB non-coplanar power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 138, 31-39, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13011003
14. Schuppert, B., "Microstrip/slotline transitions: Modeling and experimental investigation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 36, No. 8, 1272-1282, Aug. 1988. doi:10.1109/22.3669