For the radiation problem of multi-antenna on electrical-large platform, a multi-region MoM-PO (Multi-MoM-PO) is firstly proposed in this paper. The conventional MoM-PO generally treats all the antennas as a whole MoM region, but in the Multi-MoM-PO, each antenna is classified as one MoM region. On the basis of the mutual interaction between each MoM region and PO region, the self-interactions among MoM regions are considered. Numerical examples demonstrate that the multi-region technique can effectively boost the efficiency of impedance matrix filling compared with the conventional MoM-PO. Finally, the dependence of the filling efficiency against the number of antennas on platform is discussed.
"Fast Algorithm of Multi-Region MoM
-PO for Antennas on Electrically Large Platform," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 45, 143-151, 2016. doi:10.2528/PIERM15112305
1. Wei, X. C. and E. P. Li, "Wide-band EMC analysis of on-platform antennas using impedance-matrix interpolation with the moment method-physical optics method," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 45, No. 3, 552-556, Aug. 2003. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2003.815598
2. Lei, J.-Z., C.-H. Liang, W. Ding, and Y. Zhang, "EMC analysis of antennas mounted on electrically large platforms with parallel FDTD method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 205-220, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08071303
3. Davidson, S. A. and G. A. Thiele, "A hybrid method of moments-GTD technique for computing electromagnetic coupling between two monopole antennas on a large cylindrical surface," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 26, No. 2, 90-97, May 1984. doi:10.1109/TEMC.1984.304192
4. Thiele, G. A., "Overview of selected hybrid methods in radiating system analysis," Proc. IEEE, Vol. 80, No. 1, 66-78, Jan. 1992. doi:10.1109/5.119567
5. Zhao, X.-W., Y. Zhang, H.-W. Zhang, D. Garcia-Donoro, S.-W. Ting, T. K. Sarkar, and C.-H. Liang, "Parallel MoM-PO method with out-of-core technique for analysis of complex arrays on electrically large platforms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 108, 1-21, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10072108
6. Ma, J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, Y.-X. Xu, W.-J. Zhao, and J. Ling, "Efficient IE-FFT and PO hybrid analysis of antennas around electrically large platforms," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 611-614, 2011.
7. Wang, X., S.-X. Gong, J. Ma, and C.-F. Wang, "Efficient analysis of antennas mounted on large-scale complex platforms using hybrid AIM-PO technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 3, 1517-1523, Mar. 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2296326
8. Jakobus, U. and F. M. Landstorfer, "Improved PO-MM hybrid formulation for scattering from three-dimensional perfectly conducting bodies of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 43, No. 2, 162-169, Feb. 1995. doi:10.1109/8.366378
9. Ma, J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, Y. Liu, and Y.-X. Xu, "Efficient wide-band analysis of antennas around a conducting platform using MoM-PO hybrid method and asymptotic waveform evaluation technique," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 12, 6048-6052, Dec. 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2210272
10. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surfaces of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 30, No. 3, 409-418, May 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142818
11. Ylä-Oijala, P., J. Markkanen, S. Järvenpää, and S. P. Kiminki, "Surface and volume integral equation methods for time-harmonic solutions of Maxwell's equations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 149, 15-44, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIER14070105
12. Zhao, W.-J., L.-W. Li, and L. Hu, "Efficient current-based hybrid analysis of wire antennas mounted on a large realistic aircraft," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 8, 2666-2672, Aug. 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2050450