In this study, the misalignment of bistatic clutter spectral centers is considered, and an efficient adaptive main-lobe clutter compensation approach is presented for mitigating the bistatic geometry-induced clutter dispersion. In order to reduce computational load, an improved orthogonal matching pursuit (OMP) is introduced into the space-time clutter spectrum estimation. This method can accurately extract the required parameters for compensating the clutter spectral centers misalignment via sparse reconstruction with the desired Doppler cells. Simulation results are presented to demonstrate the effectiveness and efficiency of the proposed method.
1. Klemm, R., Principles of Space-time Adaptive Processing, 1-116, The Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, United Kingdom, 2002.
2. Brennan, L. E. and I. S. Reed, "Theory of adaptive radar," IEEE Transactions on Aerosp. Electron. Syst., Vol. 9, No. 2, 237-252, Mar. 1973. doi:10.1109/TAES.1973.309792
3. Meng, X. D., et al., "Clutter analysis and range-ambiguous clutter suppression for bistatic airborne radar," Journal of Xidian University, Vol. 35, No. 6, 992-998, 2008.
4. Borsari, G. K., "Mitigating effects on STAP processing caused by an inclined array," Proceedings of the Radar Conference, 1998, Radarcon 98, 135-140, IEEE, 1998.
5. Zhao, J. and Z. D. Zhu, "A multiple space angle compensation method for airborne radar with non-side-looking uniform linear array," Acta Aeronaut Astronaut Sin, Vol. 31, No. 11, 2216-2221, 2010.
6. Fallah, A. and H. Bakhshi, "Extension of Adaptive Angle-Doppler Compensation (AADC) in STAP to increase homogeneity of data in airborne bistatic radar," Sixth International Symposium on Telecommunications, 367-372, IEEE, 2013.
7. Tian, B., D. Y. Zhu, and Z. D. Zhu, "A fast adaptive angle Doppler compensation method," Acta Aeronaut Astronaut Sin, Vol. 32, No. 9, 1705-1713, 2011.
9. Wang, J., S. Kwon, and B. Shim, "Generalized orthogonal matching pursuit," Mathematics, Vol. 60, No. 12, 6202-6216, 2014.
10. Shen, M. W., et al., "An efficient data domain STAP algorithm based on reduced-dimension sparse reconstruction," Acta Electronica Sinica, Vol. 42, No. 11, 2286-2290, 2014.
11. Shen, M. W., et al., "An efficient adaptive angle-doppler compensation approach for non-sidelooking airborne radar STAP," Sensors, Vol. 15, No. 6, 13121-13131, 2015. doi:10.3390/s150613121
12. Wang, J., et al., "An efficient STAP algorithm for nonsidelooking airborne radar based on mainlobe clutter compensation," Journal of Radars, Vol. 3, No. 2, 235-240, 2014.
13. Wu, H. and S. Wang, "Adaptive sparsity matching pursuit algorithm for sparse reconstruction," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 19, No. 8, 471-474, 2012. doi:10.1109/LSP.2012.2188793
14. Gurbuz, A. C., V. Cevher, and J. H. Mcclellan, "Bearing estimation via spatial sparsity using compressive sensing," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace & Electronic Systems, Vol. 48, No. 2, 1358-1369, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAES.2012.6178067
15. Wu, H., Y. L. Wang, and J. W. Chen, "Nonhomogeneous detector for STAP based oil spectral center frequency method," Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 30, No. 4, 606-608, 2008.
16. Wang, Y. L., Y. N. Peng, and Z. Bao, "Space-time adaptive processing for airborne radar with various array orientations," IEE Proceedings - Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 144, No. 6, 330-340, 1997. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:19971606