This paper presents the principle and design of an experimental bench of an oversaturated superconducting machine with radial flux density. A designed experimental bench is under construction to validate the computation principle of the inductor. Also, this work describes the encountered problems and lays out the tools that permit to study a high power oversaturated superconducting machine.
1. Ailam, E. H., D. Netter, J. Leveque, B. Douine, P. J. Masson, and A. Rezzoug, "Design and testing of a superconducting rotating machine," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 17, No. 1, 27-33, March 2007. doi:10.1109/TASC.2006.887544
2. Lin, F., R. Qu, and D. Li, "A novel fully superconducting geared machine," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 26, No. 7, 1-5, October 2016. doi:10.1109/TASC.2016.2594872
3. Lin, F., R. H. Qu, and D. W. Li, "Topologies for fully superconducting machines," 2015 IEEE International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD), 496-497, Shanghai, 2015. doi:10.1109/ASEMD.2015.7453676
4. Jeong, J. S., D. K. An, J. P. Hong, H. J. Kim, and Y. S. Jo, "Design of a 10-mw-class HTS homopolar generator for wind turbines," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1-4, June 2017. doi:10.1109/TASC.2017.2669140
5. Kawamura, M. and J. A. Jones, "Superconducting super motor and generator," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1-5, June 2017. doi:10.1109/TASC.2016.2639013
6. Rezzoug, A. and M. El-Hadi Zaïm, Non-conventional Electrical Machine, 191-255, ISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Great Britain-United States, 2012.
7. Rezzoug, A., A. Mailfert, and P. Manfe, "Cryogenic supersaturated synchronous machine optimization and first experiment results," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 20, No. 5, 1795-1797, September 1984. doi:10.1109/TMAG.1984.1063165
8. Manfe, P., A. Rezzoug, A. Mailfert, H. Desportes, J. Lottin, and C. Leschevin, "Prototype `Supersat 001 - Probative results'," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 23, No. 6, 3903-3907, November 1987. doi:10.1109/TMAG.1987.1065768
10. Jiang, Z. Q. and J. X. Jin, "Investigation of step-shaped field coil for large capacity superconducting motors," IEEE International Conference on Applied Superconductivity and Electromagnetic Devices (ASEMD), 11-12, Shanghai, 2015. doi:10.1109/ASEMD.2015.7453442