In this paper, a novel high-gain repeater antenna integrating a dual-feed network is proposed to receive and transmit RF signals separately by two ports. The proposed array antenna has four linearly polarized microstrip antenna elements, two feed networks, and one planar magic-T. The distance between the elements of the array antenna is matched to obtain the minimum sidelobe level and maximum half-power beamwidth for transmitting and receiving purpose. The planar magic-T is effectively used to meet two different bi-directional radiation patterns with a simple structure. Performances of the array antenna are experimentally confirmed, and the gain of the antenna for each port is better than 10.3 dBi. The measured 10-dB impedance bandwidth of the antenna is wider than 580 MHz (10%).
Thet Paing Phyoe,
"A Magic-T Integrated 5.8-GHz
Repeater Array Antenna Using Dual-Feed Network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 80, 1-11, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERM19011201
1. Choi, J.-Y., M.-S. Hur, Y.-W. Suh, J.-S. Baek, Y.-T. Lee, and J.-S. Seo, "Interference cancellation techniques for digital on-channel repeaters in T-DMB system," IEEE Trans. Broadcast., Vol. 57, No. 1, 46-56, 2011. doi:10.1109/TBC.2010.2094314
2. Yang, X., W. Lu, N. Wang, K. Nieman, C.-K. Wen, C. Zhang, S. Jin, X. Mu, I. Wong, Y. Huang, and X. You, "Design and implementation of a TDD-based 128-antenna massive MIMO prototype system," China Communications, Vol. 14, No. 12, 162-187, 2017. doi:10.1109/CC.2017.8246333
3. Yang, Z., X. Zhang, X. Teng, Z. Zhang, S. Li, and Y. Wang, "A novel low profile box-shaped antenna for a repeater system," Proc. 2012 the 10th Int’l Symp. Antennas Propag. and EM Theory (ISAPE), 93-96, Xi'an, China, 2012. doi:10.1109/ISAPE.2012.6408716
4. Komaki, K. and H. Iwasaki, "Back to back patch antenna operated orthogonal polarization for repeater use," Proc. 2015 Int’l Symp. Antennas Propag. (ISAP), 1-2, Tasmania, Australia, 2015.
5. Duan, Z., L.-J. Xu, and W. Geyi, "Metal frame repeater antenna with partial slotted ground for bandwidth enhancement of wristband devices," IET Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 11, No. 10, 1438-1444, 2017. doi:10.1049/iet-map.2016.1000
6. Lee, Y., J. Ha, and J. Choi, "Design of a wideband indoor repeater antenna with high isolation for 3G systems," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 9, 697-700, 2010. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2010.2057236
7. Sarabandi, K. and Y. J. Song, "Subwavelength radio repeater system utilizing miniaturized antennas and metamaterial channel isolator," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 7, 2683-2690, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2011.2152320
8. Song, Y. J. and K. Sarabandi, "Miniaturized radio repeater for enhanced wireless connectivity of Ad-Hoc networks," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 8, 3913-3920, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2201124
9. Lee, Y., J. Ha, and J. Choi, "Design of an indoor repeater antenna with high isolation using metamaterials," Microwave and Optical Tech. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 3, 755-761, 2012. doi:10.1002/mop.26651
10. Ko, J.-H., G.-K. Kim, S.-Y. Rhee, and J.-I. Lee, "800 MHz band dual-fed ICS repeater antenna with high isolation," Journal Korea Inst. Inf. Commun. Eng. (Korean Edition), Vol. 20, No. 5, 867-873, 2016. doi:10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.5.867
11. Safaai-jazi, A. and W. L. Stutzman, "A new low sidelobe pattern synthesis technique for equally spaced linear arrays," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 64, No. 4, 1317-1324, 2016. doi:10.1109/TAP.2016.2526084
12. Cesar, C. G., I. Santamaria, J. Via, E. M. Gomez, and T. S. Paules, "Robust array beamforming with sidelobe control using support vector machines," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 55, No. 2, 574-584, 2007. doi:10.1109/TSP.2006.885720
13. Mikunide, A. and M. Fujimoto, "Specific area communication system using binomial coefficient array," Proc. 2017 Int’l Symp. Antennas Propag. (ISAP), 1-2, Phuket, Thailand, 2017.
14. Phyoe, T. P., E. Nishiyama, and I. Toyoda, "A 5-8-GHz dual-axis monopulse microstrip array antenna using dual-feed network," Proc. 2018 Asia-Pacific Microw. Conf. (APMC), 1549-1551, Kyoto, Japan, 2018.
15. Phyoe, T. P., E. Nishiyama, and I. Toyoda, "A circularly polarized dual-axis wide-angle rectenna employing a dual-feed array antenna with inclined patches," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 77, 135-145, 2019. doi:10.2528/PIERM18100505