In this paper, we develop a multi-band circularly polarized planar antenna operating at 28 GHz and 60 GHz for 5G and WiGig applications. The antenna is composed of a square slot antenna fed by a proximity coupled microstrip line and loaded by grounded square loop and three tilted angle strips. Grounded square patch introduces resonance at 60 GHz frequency while the strips introduce resonances at 28 GHz. The square slot is designed as a wide-band antenna which can support these two resonances.
Hany Mahmoud Zamel,
-Wave Antenna for 5G-WiGig
Communication Systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 99, 133-143, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERC19121806
1. Kulemin, G. and D. Barton, Millimeter-Wave Radar Targets and Clutter, Artech House, 2003.
4. Niu, Y., Y. Li, D. Jin, L. Su, and A. Vasilakos, "A survey of millimeter wave communications (mm-wave) for 5G: Opportunities and challenges," Wireless Networks, Vol. 21, No. 8, 2657-2676, 2015. doi:10.1007/s11276-015-0942-z
5. Hashem, Y., O. Haraz, and nd E. El-Sayed, "6-element 28/38 GHz dual-band MIMO PIFA for future 5G cellular systems ," IEEE Int. Symp. on Ant. and Prop., 393-394, 2016.
6. Wang, D. and C. Chan, "Multiband antenna for Wi-Fi and WiGig communications," IEEE Ant. , Vol. 15, 309-312, 2016.
7. Nguyen, K., M. Kibria, K. Ishizu, and F. Kojima, "Feasibility study of providing backward compatibility with MPTCP to WiGig/IEEE 802.11 ad," IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference, 1-5, 2017.
8. Ali, M. and A. Sebak, "Dual band (28/38 GHz) CPW slot directive antenna for future 5G cellular applications," IEEE Int. Sym. on Ant. and Prop., 399-400, 2016.
9. Bisognin, A., D. Titz, C. Luxey, G. Jacquemod, A. Bisognin, R. Pilard, F. Gianesello, D. Gloria, and L. Claire, "Millimeter-wave antenna-in-package solutions for WiGig and backhaul applications," IEEE Int. Workshop on Ant. Technology (iWAT), 52-55, 2015.
10. Ibrahim, M., "Low-cost, circularly polarized, and wideband U-slot microstrip patch antenna with parasitic elements for WiGig and WPAN applications," 13th European Con. on Ant. and Prop. (EuCAP), 1-4, 2019.
11. Paul, P., K. Kandasamy, and M. S. Sharawi, "A triband circularly polarized strip and SRR-loaded slot antenna," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Prop., Vol. 66, 5569-5573, 2018. doi:10.1109/TAP.2018.2854911
12. James, J. R. and P. S. Hall, "Circular polarisation and bandwidth," Handbook of Microstrip Antennas, Ch. 4, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., 1989.
13. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 4th Ed., John Wiley & Sons, 2011.