This paper proposes a novel bandpass filter for L-band based on CRLH TL, which is mainly formed by coupling a high-pass characteristic module with a low-pass characteristic module in a cascade. The high-pass module consists of an interdigitated coupled line and a grounding via, owning to its singular characteristics, which the miniaturization is realized. The low-pass module is composed of a C-type resonator with high-low impedance lines, which can realize great sideband attenuation characteristics. To further improve its out-of-band rejection characteristics, a complementary split-ring resonator (CSRR) defective ground structure with single-pole attenuation characteristics is loaded, and a transmission zero is introduced at 2.5f0 out-of-band. The test results are in great agreement with the simulation ones, and the dimensions are only 0.20λg*0.22λg. Compared with other similar types, the filter proposed in this paper has miniaturization, great passband selection characteristics, stopband characteristics, and the advantage of low insertion loss.
"A Novel Miniaturized L-Band Filter with Great Stopband Characteristics Using Interdigitated Coupled Lines CRLH-TL Structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 114, 57-67, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21051105
1. Wang, C.-X., F. Haider, X. Gao, et al. "Cellular architecture and key technologies for 5G wireless communication networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 52, No. 2, 122-130, 2014. doi:10.1109/MCOM.2014.6736752
2. Chu, C. and X. Liao, "Modeling of an 8–12 GHz receiver front-end based on an in-line MEMS frequency discriminator," Solid State Electronics, Vol. 144, No. 7, 54-59, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.sse.2018.03.002
3. Hong, J. S., "Microstrip filters for RF/microwave applications," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 3, No. 3, 62-65, 2002.
4. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Physics-Uspekhi, Vol. 10, No. 4, 509-514, 1968. doi:10.1070/PU1968v010n04ABEH003699
5. Pendry, J., B. Holden, et al. "Magnetism from conductors and enhanced nonlinear phenomena," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 11, 2075-2084, 1999. doi:10.1109/22.798002
6. Smith, D. R., W. J. Padilla, D. C. Vier, et al. "Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity," Physical Review Letters, Vol. 84, No. 18, 4184-4178, 2000. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.84.4184
7. Eleftheriades, G. V., A. K. Iyer, and P. C. Kremer, "Planar negative refractive index media using periodically L-C loaded transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 12, 2702-2712, 2002. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.805197
8. Keshavarz, S. and N. Nozhat, "“Dual-band Wilkinson power divider based on composite right/left-handed transmission lines," 13th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), 2016.
9. Keshavarz, S., R. Keshavarz, and A. Abdipour, "Compact active duplexer based on CSRR and interdigta loaded microstrip coupled lines for LTE application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 109, 27-37, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC20112307
10. Keshavarz, S., A. Abdipour, A. Mohammadi, et al. "Design and implementation of low loss and compact microstrip triplexer using CSRR loaded coupled lines," AEU --- International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 111, 152913-152913, 2019. doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2019.152913
11. Gong, J. Q. and Q. X. Chu, "Miniaturized microstrip bandpass filter using coupled SCRLH zerothorder resonators," Microwave & Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 12, 2985-2989, 2009. doi:10.1002/mop.24808
12. Sanz, V., A. Belenguer, L. Martinez, et al. "Balanced right/left-handed coplanar waveguide with stub-loaded split-ring resonators," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 65, No. 13, 193-196, 2014. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2301017
13. Chu, Q.-X., J.-Q. Huang, et al. "Compact ultra-wideband filter with dual notched bands based on complementary split ring resonators," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 11, 2509-2512, 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.25554
14. Choudhary, D. K. and R. K. Chaudhary, "Vialess wideband bandpass filter using CRLH transmission line with semi-circular stub," International Conference on Microwave and Photonics (ICMAP), 1-2, 2015.
15. Zhang, H., W. Kang, and W. Wu, "Miniaturized dual-band differential filter based on CSRR-loaded dual-mode SIW cavity," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 28, No. 10, 897-899, 2018. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2018.2867082
16. Iyer, A. K. and G. V. Eleftheriades, "Negative refractive index metamaterials supporting 2-D waves," IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, No. 10, 1067-1070, 2002.
17. Wu, Y. M., "Design of phase-shifter using composite right-left handed transmission line," Journal of Antennas, Vol. 06, No. 4, 61-69, 2017. doi:10.12677/JA.2017.64008
18. Park, J.-I., et al. "Modeling of a photonic bandgap and its application for the low-pass filter design," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, Vol. 2, No. 10, 331-334, 1999.
19. Ahn, D., J. S. Park, C. S. Kim, et al. "A design of the low-pass filter using the novel microstrip defected ground structure," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory & Techniques, Vol. 49, No. 1, 86-93, 2001. doi:10.1109/22.899965
20. Gómez-García, R., J. Munoz-Ferreras, D. Psychogiou, et al. "Balanced symmetrical quasireflectionless single-and dual-band bandpass planar filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 28, No. 9, 798-800, 2018. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2018.2856400
21. Jones, T. R. and M. Daneshmand, "Miniaturized slotted bandpass filter design using a ridged half-mode substrate integrated waveguide," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 29, No. 5, 334-336, 2016. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2016.2549000
22. Luo, C., et al. "Quasi-reflectionless microstrip bandpass filters using bandstop filter for out-of-band improvement," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, Vol. 1109, No. 10, 1849-1853, 2019.
23. Psychogiou, D. and R. Gómez-García, "Multi-mode-cavity-resonator-based bandpass filters with multiple levels of transfer-function adaptivity," IEEE Access, Vol. 1109, No. 10, 24759-24765, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2900059
24. Chen, C., "A coupled-line coupling structure for the design of quasi-elliptic bandpass filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 66, No. 4, 1921-1925, 2018. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2017.2783378
25. Zhang, M., M. Li, K. Duan, et al. "A novel miniaturized bandpass filter basing on stepped-impedance resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 97, 77-85, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERL21021003
26. Li, M. and K. D. Xu, "Miniaturized bandpass filter using E-stub loaded CRLH-TL resonator," 17th International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT), 1-3, 2017.
27. Numan, A. B. and M. S. Sharawi, "Extraction of material parameters for metamaterials using a full-wave simulator [Education Column]," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 55, No. 5, 202, 2014. doi:10.1109/MAP.2013.6735515
28. Ca Loz, C. and T. Itoh, "Transmission line approach of Left-Handed (LH) materials and microstrip implementation of an artificial LH transmission line," IEEE Trans. Antennas & Propag., Vol. 52, No. 5, 1159-1166, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.827249