This paper presents crosstalk analysis of E-plane multichannel waveguide joints for high frequency. The multi-cavity modeling technique and method of moment are used to analyze the crosstalk. Waveguide has many practical uses in high powered RF systems. When two channel waveguides are joined, the phenomenon of crosstalk will certainly appear, and the reason behind is poor workmanship. The gap appearing at the flange joint causes power coupling to the neighboring ports. In this paper two channel E-plane waveguide joints for frequency range 15 GHz to 18 GHz have been analyzed. Scattering parameters data obtained from cavity model analysis have been verified and compared with CST microwave studio simulated and measured data.
Debendra Kumar Panda,
"Crosstalk Analysis of E-Plane Ku Band Waveguide Joints," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 115, 175-185, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERC21071602
1. Agapiou, G., T. Doukoglou, P. Georgiadis, G. Georgakopoulos, E. Plakidis, P. Rorris, K. Ioannou, and A. Garmpis, "Crosstalk and isolation measurement in copper wires," International Conference on Information Security, Communication and Computer, Spain, 2005.
2. Tidjani, N., J. C. Le Bunetel, and A. Ouchar, "An asymmetrical microstrip SPICE model for crosstalk evolution," International Journal of Circuits, System and Signal Processing, Vol. 7, No. 6, 329-334, 2013.
3. Balasubramanian, R., Y. Y. Miyazaki, and M. Kondo, "Investigation of crosstalk effects due to optical fiber nonlinearities in WDM CATV network," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Online, Vol. 3, No. 6, 940-942, 2007.
4. Roy, A., S. Ghosh, and A. Chakraborty, "Simple cross talk model of three wires to predict near-end and far-end crosstalk in an EMI/EMC modeling," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 43-58, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08050503
5. Vengadarajan, A., "Multiple cavity modeling technique for solving aperture coupled waveguide junctions,", Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 1999.
6. Das, S. and A. Chakraborty, "A novel modeling technique to solve a class of rectangular waveguide based circuit and radiators," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 61, 231-252, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06010302
7. Das, S., A. Chakraborty, and A. Chakraborty, "Analysis of multiport waveguide power divider/combiner for phased array application," NCC 2007, Kanpur, India, 2007.
8. Panda, D. K., "Analysis and design of longitudinal rectangular waveguide power dividers/combiners using multiple cavity modeling technique,", Ph. D. Dissertation, Department of Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2010.
9. Harrington, R. F., Time Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 1961.
10. Panda, D. K., A. Chakraborty, and S. Choudhury, "Analysis of co-channel interference at waveguide joints using multiple cavity modeling technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 91-98, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08042704
11. Panda, D. K. and A. Chakraborty, "Cross talk analysis at faulty multi-channel waveguide joints," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 6, No. 1, 51-56, 2011.
12. Panda, D. K. and A. Chakraborty, "Analysis and design of longitudinal power divider/combiner for higher frequencies," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 10, No. 4, 240-244, 2015.
13. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, Roger E. Krieger Publishing Company, USA, 1968.