In order to satisfy the requirements of 2G/3G/4G wireless communication, two kinds of base station antennas with wideband, dual-polarized and three-modes are proposed in this paper. Firstly, a pair of diamond dipoles is placed in an orthogonal way to realize dual-polarizations, then a pair of Y-shaped branches is added to generate a new mode. The Y-type coupling feeding can increase the impedance bandwidth without increasing the size of antenna. The antenna achieves an impedance bandwidth of 51.75% (1.69-2.87 GHz) with a return loss lower than -14 dB. The antenna also has a stable radiation performance. The gain is greater than 8.6 dBi, and the port isolation is less than -27 dB over the entire frequency band. Then based on above antenna, a C-type slot notched antenna is added to improve anti-interference ability. Finally, band stop characteristics are obtained by etching a C-type slot line resonator on two dipoles. The results show that the bandwidth is 1.7-2.69 GHz, and the sharp notched band is 1.8-1.95 GHz. The C-type slot line here can be regarded as a quarter wavelength resonator in series. Moreover, the isolation of the port is less than -28 dB, and the 3 dB beamwidth in the bandwidth is 66±5˚. Both antennas are fabricated and have dual polarizations, simple structure, and good radiation performance, which can be used in the next generation of wireless communication.
"Design of Y-Type Branch Broadband Dual-Polarization Antenna and C-Type Slot Line Notch Antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M,
Vol. 106, 105-115, 2021. doi:10.2528/PIERM21102501
1. Chen, Z. N. and K. M. Luk, "Antennas for Base Stations in Wireless Communications," The McGraw-Hill Companies, 1-10, 2009.
2. Xue, Q., S. W. Liao, and J. H. Xu, "A differentially-driven dual-polarized magneto-electric dipole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 1, 425-430, Jan. 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2214998
3. Su, D., J. J. Qian, H. Yang, and D. Fu, "A novel broadband polarization diversity antenna using a cross-pair of folded dipoles," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 4, 433-435, 2005.
4. Liu, Y., H. Yi, F. W. Wang, and S. X. Gong, "A novel miniaturized broadband dual-polarized dipole antenna for base station," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 12, 1335-1338, 2013. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2013.2285373
5. Chu, Q. X. and Y. Luo, "A broadband unidirectional multi-dipole antenna with very stable beamwidth," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 5, 2847-2852, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2243898
6. Cui, Y., R. Li, and H. Fu, "A broadband dual-polarized planar antenna for 2G/3G/LTE base stations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 9, 4836-4840, Sept. 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2330596
7. Gou, Y., S. Yang, J. Li, and Z. Nie, "A compact dual-polarized printed dipole antenna with high isolation for wideband base station applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 62, No. 8, 4392-4395, Aug. 2014. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2327653
8. Zheng, D.-Z. and Q.-X. Chu, "A multimode wideband ±45° dual-polarized antenna with embedded loops," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 633-636, Jul. 2017.
9. Chu, Q. X., D. L. Wen, and Y. Luo, "A broadband ±45° dual-polarized antenna with Y-shaped feeding lines," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 63, No. 2, 483-490, Feb. 2015. doi:10.1109/TAP.2014.2381238
10. Ngytn, D. T., D. H. Lee, and H. C. Park, "Very compact printed triple band-notched UWB antenna with quarter-wavelength slots," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., No. 11, 411-414, 2012.
11. Seo, Y. S., J. W. Jung, H. J. Lee, et al. "Design of trapezoid monopole antenna with band-notched performance for UWB," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 12, 673-674, 2012. doi:10.1049/el.2012.0650
12. Chen, B., W. Leng, A. G. Wang, et al. "Compact ultra-wideband antenna with reconfigurable notched bands," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, No. 19, 1175-1176, 2012. doi:10.1049/el.2012.0889
13. Liao, X. J., H. C. Yang, N. Han, et al. "Aperture UWB antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 2, 77-79, 2011. doi:10.1049/el.2010.3116
14. Yazdi, M. and N. Komjani, "Design of a band-notched UWB monopole antenna by means of an EBG structure," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 170-173, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2116150
15. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2001. doi:10.1002/0471221619
16. Gomez-Calero, C., B. Taha Ahmed, and R. Martinez, "A novel ultrawide band frequency planar notch-filter antenna," Microw. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 1, 213-216, Jan. 2010. doi:10.1002/mop.24845
17. Zhai, H., J. Zhang, Y. Zang, Q. Gao, and C. Liang, "An LTE base-station magnetoelectric dipole antenna with anti-interference characteristics and its MIMO system application," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 14, 906-909, 2015. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2014.2384519
18. Huang, H., Y. Liu, and S. Gong, "A broadband dual-polarized base station antenna with anti-interference capability," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 16, 613-616, 2017. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2016.2594095
19. Ding, C. F., X. Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Y. M. Pan, and Q. Xue, "Compact broadband dual-polarized filtering dipole antenna with high selectivity for base-station applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 66, No. 11, 5747-5756, Nov. 2018. doi:10.1109/TAP.2018.2862465
20. Kraus, J. D. and R. J. Marhefkas, Antennas: For All Applications, 3rd Ed., 165-196, McGrw-Hill, Tempe, AZ, USA, 2002.