The present work proposes a novel cow-head shaped multiple input multiple output (MIMO) antenna for 5G sub: 6 GHz applications, which include N77/N78 (3.3-4.2 GHz/3.3-3.8 GHz) and N79 (4.4-5.0 GHz) bands. The proposed work is designed and developed on a 30 × 66 mm2 size FR4 substrate with a dielectric constant of 4.4 and loss of tangent of 0.002. The proposed design works in the region from 3.3 to 5 GHz, and an isolation above 18 dB is attained. The parametric analysis and surface current distribution are studied for the optimization of parameters, and the coupling between elements is analysed respectively. The performance of design is studied in terms of efficiency (≥ 91.5 %), peak gain (3.1-4.6 dBi) and radiation patterns (E & H fields). The diversity parameters (ECC, DG, TARC, CCL & MEG) are calculated and checked, the same as measured results. Then all the measured results of fabricated prototype is compared with simulated ones, and these are in good agreement.
Naveen Kumar Gollamudi,
Yellapu Venkata Narayana,
Avala Mallikarjuna Prasad,
"A Novel Cow-Head Shaped Multiple Input Multiple Output Antenna for 5G Sub: 6 GHz
N77/N78 & N79 Bands Applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 122, 83-93, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERC22060203
2. Addepalli, T. and V. R. Anitha, "Compact two-port MIMO antenna with high isolation using parasitic reflectors for UWB, X and Ku band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 102, 63-77, 2020. doi:10.2528/PIERC20030402
3. Nadeem, I. and D.-Y. Choi, "Study on mutual coupling reduction technique for MIMO antennas," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 563-586, 2018. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2885558
4. Addepalli, T. and V. R. Anitha, "A very compact and closely spaced circular shaped UWB MIMO antenna with improved isolation," AEU-International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol. 114, 153016, 2020.
5. Agiwal, M., A. Roy, and N. Saxena, "Next generation 5G wireless networks: A comprehensive survey," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 18, No. 3, 1617-1655, 2016. doi:10.1109/COMST.2016.2532458
6. Ikram, M., et al. "A road towards 6G communication --- A review of 5G antennas, arrays, and wearable devices," Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 1, 169, 2022. doi:10.3390/electronics11010169
7. An, Z. and M. He, "A simple planar antenna for sub-6 GHz applications in 5G mobile terminals," The Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal (ACES), 10-15, 2020.
8. Tiwari, R. N., et al. "Swastika shaped slot embedded two port dual frequency band MIMO antenna for wireless applications," Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 109, No. 1, 103-113, 2021. doi:10.1007/s10470-021-01923-x
9. Masoodi, I. S., I. Ishteyaq, and K. Muzaffar, "Extra compact two element sub 6 GHz MIMO antenna for future 5G wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 102, 37-45, 2022. doi:10.2528/PIERL21100303
10. Jin, G., et al. "A new differentially-fed frequency reconfigurable antenna for WLAN and sub-6 GHz 5G applications," IEEE Access, Vol. 7, 56539-56546, 2019. doi:10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2901760
11. Gopal, G. and A. Thangakalai, "Cross dipole antenna for 4G and sub-6 GHz 5G base station applications," The Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal (ACES), 16-22, 2020.
12. Desai, A., et al. "Transparent 2-element 5G MIMO antenna for sub-6 GHz applications," Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 2, 251, 2022. doi:10.3390/electronics11020251
13. Kumari, T., et al. "Design approach for dual element hybrid MIMO antenna arrangement for wideband applications," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 29, No. 1, e21486, 2019. doi:10.1002/mmce.21486
14. Kumar, M. and V. Nath, "Design and development of triple-band compact ACS-fed MIMO antenna for 2.4/3.5/5 GHz WLAN/WiMAX applications," Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 103, No. 3, 461-470, 2020. doi:10.1007/s10470-020-01626-9
16. Sghaier, N. and L. Latrach, "Design and analysis of wideband MIMO antenna arrays for 5G smartphone application," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, 1-13, 2021.
17. Aboelleil, H., A. A. Ibrahim, and A. A. M. Khalaf, "A compact multiple-input multiple-output antenna with high isolation for wireless applications," Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Vol. 108, No. 1, 17-24, 2021. doi:10.1007/s10470-020-01775-x
18. Xu, Z., Q. Zhang, and L. Guo, "A compact 5G decoupling MIMO antenna based on split-ring resonators," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, Article ID 3782528, 2019.
19. Sharawi, M. S., A. T. Hassan, and M. U. Khan, "Correlation coefficient calculations for MIMO antenna systems: A comparative study," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, Vol. 9, No. 10, 1991-2004, 2017. doi:10.1017/S1759078717000903
20. Addepalli, T. and V. R. Anitha, "Parametric analysis of compact UWB-MIMO antenna with improved isolation using parasitic re ectors and protruded ground strips," Wireless Personal Communications, 1-17, 2021.
21. Fritz-Andrade, E., H. Jardon-Aguilar, and J. A. Tirado-Mendez, "The correct application of total active re ection coefficient to evaluate MIMO antenna systems and its generalization to N ports," International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 4, e22113, 2020. doi:10.1002/mmce.22113
22. Glazunov, A. A., A. F. Molisch, and F. Tufvesson, "Mean effective gain of antennas in a wireless channel," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, Vol. 3, No. 2, 214-227, 2009. doi:10.1049/iet-map:20080041
23. Addepalli, T. and V. R. Anitha, "Design and analysis of a novel compact spanner-shaped ultra- wideband antenna for MIMO systems," International Journal of Communication Systems, Vol. 34, No. 5, e4739, 2021. doi:10.1002/dac.4739
24. Addepalli, T., J. Babu Kamili, K. Kumar Bandi, A. Nella, and M. Sharma, "Lotus flower-shaped 4/8-element MIMO antenna for 5G n77 and n78 band applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 36, No. 10, 1404-1422, 2022. doi:10.1080/09205071.2022.2028683
25. Olawoye, T. O. and P. Kumar, "A high gain antenna with DGS for sub-6 GHz 5G communications," Advanced Electromagnetics, Vol. 11, No. 1, 41-50, 2022. doi:10.7716/aem.v11i1.1670
26. Kapoor, A., R. Mishra, and P. Kumar, "Wideband miniaturized patch radiator for sub-6 GHz 5G devices," Heliyon, Vol. 7, No. 9, e07931, 2021. doi:10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e07931
27. Addepalli, T., K. J. Babu, A. Beno, B. M. K. Potti, D. T. Sundari, and V. K. R. Devana, "Characteristic mode analysis of two port semi-circular arc-shaped multiple-input-multiple-output antenna with high isolation for 5G sub-6 GHz and wireless local area network applications," International Journal of Communication Systems, e5257, 2022.