The design, simulation and performance enhancement of a new structure for X-band high-power, low-loss, low-bias, triangular-ferrite waveguide circulator are presented. Dual circulation property is obtained by triangular shape of ferrite post. The effects of circulator's structure parameters, such as ferrite parameters and magnetic DC bias, on isolation, insertion loss and return loss of circulator are discussed. The HFSS software is used for simulating the circulators. Final dual band designs with 20 dB return loss, 20 dB isolation and 0:1 dB insertion loss in dual frequency in X-band (8:2 GHz and 10:4 GHz) with only a magnetic bias of 10 Oe are obtained.
Hamid Mirmohammad Sadeghi,
"A New Dual-Band High Power Ferrite Circulator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 10, 15-24, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERC09050504
1. Yoshida, A. S., "E-type T-circulator," Proc. IRE, Vol. 47, 208, 1959.
2. Davis, L. E. and S. R. Longley, "E-plane 3-port X-band waveguide circulators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 11, 443-445, 1963. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1963.1125696
3. Buchta, G., "Miniaturized broad-band E-Tee circulator at X-band," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 14, 1607-1608, 1966.
4. McGrown, J. W. and W. H. Wright Jr., "A high power, Y-junction, E-plane circulator," G-MTT International Microwave Symposium Digest, 85, 1967. doi:10.1109/GMTT.1967.1122605
12. Yee, H. Y., An investigation of microwave dielectric resonators, M. L. Report No. 1065, Stanford University, Jul. 1963.
13. Elshandwily, M. E., A. A. Kamal, and E. A. F. Abdallah, "General field theory treatment of H-plane waveguide junction circulators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 21, 1973.
14. Decamp, E. E. and R. M. True, "1-MW Four-Port E-plane junction circulator," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 19, 1971.
15. Helszain, J. and J. Sharp, "Resonant frequencies, Q-factor, and susceptance slope parameter of waveguide circulators using weakly magnetized open resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 83, 1983.