A Sub Harmonically Pumped (SHP) mixer suitable for direct conversion receiver in 3G mobile frequency band is presented. This mixer is realized with N anti-parallel diode pairs (APDPs) and designed in self-biased structure to obtain minimum noise figure and conversion loss. In this paper, a simultaneous signal and noise analysis CAD routine to analyze a circuit consists of Arbitrary Number of anti-parallel diode pairs in self-biased structure is proposed. Then the results of this CAD routine are confirmed with other method. The mixer is optimized to obtain a maximally flat conversion gain and minimum Noise Figure over various LO powers. The proposed CAD is used to obtain the optimum number of APDPs. Also the optimum self-biased resistance and output load are calculated.
"Numerical Study of Behavioural Sub-Harmonically Pumped Mixer in a Novel Structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 10, 49-61, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERC09051205
1. Rezaee, S., A. Mohammadi, and A. Abdipour, "A novel wideband CDMA receiver," Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications MIKON-2004. 15th International Conf. on, Vol. 3, 985-988, May 17-19, 2004.
2. Lin, S., Y. Qian, and T. Itoh, "Quadrature direct conversion receiver integrated with planar quasi-Yagi antenna," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., Vol. 3, 1285-1288, June 2000.
3. Shin, H. S., J. H. Park, J. H. Kim, and H. J. Yoo, "System-level performance analysis and design of RF receiver for W-CDMA user equipment," Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 2nd Int. Conf. on. ICMMT 2000, 319-322, 2000. doi:10.1109/ICMMT.2000.895685
4. Maas, S. A., Microwave Mixers, 2nd Ed., Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1992.
5. Mohammadi, A., F. Shayegh, A. Abdipour, and R. Mirzavand, "Direct conversion EHM transceivers design for millimeter-wavewireless applications,", Vol. 2007, No. 1, 44-44, Article ID 32807, 2007.
6. Siles, J. V., J. Grajal, and V. Krozer, "Design of subharmonically pumped schottky mixers for submillimetre-wave applications," European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, Vol. 1, No. 10-13, 145-148, Sep. 2006. doi:10.1109/EMICC.2006.282772
7. Chapman, M. W. and S. Raman, "A 60 GHz uniplanar MMIC 4X subharmonic mixer," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 3, 95-98, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, May 2001.
8. Nallatamby, J. C., "Determination des caracteristiques en bruit des circuits non-lineares a l'aide des formalisms de conversion de frequence et des matrices de correlation des sources se bruit,", Ph.D. diissertation, Dept. Elect. Eng., Limoges Univ., Limogese, 1992.