A compact dual band-notched Ultra-Wideband antenna with sharp band-notched characteristics and controllable notched bandwidths is presented. The antenna consists of a spade-shaped microstrip-fed Ultra-Wideband planar monopole antenna and two sets of band-notched structures. The band-notched structures are employed to generate the desired lower and upper rejection bands with good frequency selectivity and sufficient rejection bandwidths. Moreover, the bandwidth of the lower and upper rejection bands can be independently adjusted by changing the size of the band-notched structures. Finally, a UWB antenna is successfully designed with the dual notched bands for the lower WLAN band (5.15-5.35 GHz) and upper WLAN band (5.725-5.825 GHz). A good impedance match is obtained in 3.1-10.6 GHz frequency range (|S11|<-10 dB), except the lower and upper WLAN band (|S11| >-5 dB). The ratios of the notched bandwidths between -5 dB and -10 dB in the two stop bands are greater than 0.73.
2. Zhou, , D., , S. C. S. Gao, F. Zhu, R. A. Abd-Alhameed, and J. D. Xu, "A simple and compact planar ultra wideband antenna with single or dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 123, 47-65, 2012.. doi:10.2528/PIER11110401
3. Liu, , J., , K. P. Esselle, S. G. Hay, and S. S. Zhong, , "Study of an extremely wideband monopole antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 123, 143-158, 2012. doi:10.1049/el:20083095
4. Chu, , Q. X. , Y. Y. Yang, and , "3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notch ultra-wideband antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 3, 172-174, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.2007368
5. Chu, , Q. X. , Y. Y. Yang, and , "A compact ultrawideband antenna with 3.4/5.5 GHz dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas Propagation,, Vol. 56, No. 12, 3637-3644, , 2008. doi:10.1002/mop.24856
6. Zhang, , M., , X. L. Zhou, J. Guo, and W. Y. Yin, , "A novel ultrawideband planar antenna with dual band-notched performance," Microwave Optical Technology Letters,, Vol. 52, No. 1, 90-92, , 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10011905
7. Habib, , M. A., , A. I. Bostan, A. Djaiz, M. Nedil, M. C. E. Yagoub, and T. A. Denidni, "Ultra wideband CPW-FED aperture antenna with WLAN band rejection ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 106, 17-31, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939311795761999
8. Xie, , M., , Q. Guo, and Y. Wu, , "Design of a miniaturized UWB antenna with band-notched and high frequency rejection capability," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 8--9, 1103-1112, , 2011.
9. Kim, , D. O., N. I. Jo, H. A. Jang, and C. Y. Kim, "Design of the ultrawideband antenna with a quadruple-band rejection characteristics using a combination of the complementary split ring resonators ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 112, 93-107, 2011. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2044327
10. Kim, , D. Z., , W. I. Son, W. G.Lim, H. L. Lee, and J. W. Yu, "\Integrated planar monopole antenna with microstrip resonators having band-notched characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, , Vol. 58, 2837-2842, 2010.
11. Su, , M., , Y. Liu, S. Li, and C. Yu, , "A compact open slot antenna for UWB applications with band-notched characteristic," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 14--15, 2001-2010, , 2010. doi:10.1049/el.2011.1053
12. Chu, , Q. X. , T. G. Huang, and , "Compact UWB antenna with sharp band-notched characteristics for lower WLAN band," Electronics Letters, Vol. 47, No. 15, 838-839, 2011.
13. Li, , C. M. a, L. H. Ye, and , "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, , 2011. doi:10.1002/0471221619
14. Hong, , J. S. , M. J. Lancaster, and , Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications,, Wiley, , New York, , 2001. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2008.922117
15. Chu, , Q. X. , F. C. Chen, and , "A compact dual-band bandpass ¯lter using meandering stepped impedance resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 5, 320-322, 2008.