A novel compact UWB antenna with 3.5/5.5 GHz dual notch-band characteristics is presented. The proposed antenna has a simple structure and compact size of 30×35mm2. Firstly, a compact modified rotated monopole antenna that covers UWB band is achieved. Then by inserting a λ/4 stub and etching two symmetrical λ/4 L-shape slots on the UWB antenna achieved before, a dual band-notched ultra-wideband antenna is obtained. The prototypes of UWB antenna with and without notched bands were fabricated and measured. Good performance of dual notched bands, stable gain and omnidirectional radiation patterns make the proposed antenna promising for UWB application.
"A Compact Dual Band-Notched Ultrawideband Antenna with Λ/4 Stub and Open Slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C,
Vol. 49, 133-139, 2014. doi:10.2528/PIERC14031803
1., "Federal communications commission revision of Part 15 of the Commission's rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission system from 3.1 to 10.6 GHz,", FEDERAL Communications Commission, FCC, ET-Docket, 98-153, Washington, DC, 2002. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2260119
2. Zhu, F., S. Gao, A. T. S. Ho, A. Al Hameed, C. H. See, T. W. C. Brown, J. Li, G. Wei, and J. Xu, "Multiple band-notched UWB antenna with band-rejected elements integrated in the feed line," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 5, 3952-3960, 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.858598
3. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a printed circular DISC monopole antenna for UWB systems," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, 3500-3504, 2005.
4. Lu, G., S. Wang, X. Chen, and C. Parini, "A small printed quasi-self-complementary antenna for ultrawideband systems," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letter, Vol. 8, 554-557, 2009. doi:10.1109/JPROC.2012.2188369
5. Adamiuk, G., T. Zwick, and W. Wiesbeck, "UWB antennas for communication systems," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 100, No. 7, 2308-2321, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.874354
6. Cho, Y. J., K. Ki-Hak, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5-GHz band-rejection ¯lter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1453-1460, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2006.884307
7. Lin, Y. and K. Hung, "Compact ultrawideband rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3075-3081, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.929525
8. Sze, J. and J. Shiu, "Design of band-notched ultrawideband square aperture antenna with a hat-shaped back-patch," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 10, 3311-3314, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.919192
9. Chen, W. and K. Ku, "Band-rejected design of the printed open slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX operation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 4, 1163-1169, April 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2027727
10. Ryu, K. S. and A. A. Kishk, "UWB antenna with single or dual band-notches for lower WLAN band and upper WLAN band," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 12, 3942-3950, Dec. 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2096399
11. Zheng, Z., Q. X. Chu, and Z. H. Tu, "Compact band-rejected ultrawideband slot antennas inserting with λ/2 and λ/4 resonators," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 2, 390-397, Feb. 2011. doi:10.1109/TENCON.2007.4428970
12. Kuo, J.-S. and C.-Y. Huang, "Design of band-rejected UWB slot antenna with parasitic strips," Proc. TENCON 2007 --- 2007 IEEE Region 10 Conference, 1-3, 2007.